- 99.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming
- Buy OEM ARTS PDF Aerialist
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Revit Structure 2011
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
- Download Photoshop CS4 Down & Dirty Tricks
- 199.95$ Corel Designer Technical Suite X5 cheap oem
- Buy OEM SnagIt 11
- Discount - Xilisoft Audio Maker 3
- Buy Cheap Adobe CC Master Collection MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Efreesky MagicTweak 4.11
- Discount - The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers
- Buy OEM Altova DiffDog 2009
- Discount - Apple Motion 5 MAC
|ENABLING GARDEN GROUNDBREAKING AT VANDER VEER|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Ron Summers|
|Wednesday, 23 May 2012 12:23|
Davenport, Iowa, May 23, 2012 – On Friday, May 25 at 10:00 a.m. city officials and other guests will be on hand to break ground at the new Enabling Garden at Vander Veer Botanical Park. The site for the new Enabling Garden is located near the current entrance of the Conservatory at Vander Veer Park. The public and media are invited to attend.
The Enabling Garden is an accessible garden and features plantings that stimulate all the senses, and includes planting beds and containers raised for comfortable reach. This accessible garden can be used by persons of any age or ability and includes garden elements that appeal to all five senses. The gardens are designed to improve and maintain the physical mental and social health of everyone.
The Enabling Garden eliminates physical barriers to gardening, creating an area where people of all ages and abilities can garden together. Key features of the Vander Veer Enabling Garden are: accessible paths throughout, garden beds and containers at differing elevations, water feature, pergola, and a riot of color and textures.
In addition to being a beautiful place to visit the enabling garden will be host to a variety of Horticulture Therapy programs. Horticulture Therapy is defined by the American Horticulture Therapy Association "AHTA" as an engagement of a person in gardening activities, facilitated by a trained therapist to achieve specific therapeutic treatment goals. The activities in this space will be varied according to our customer's abilities. The outdoor gardens will also be available for rental for fundraising events, wedding ceremonies and receptions and other events.
An artist’s conception of the completed Enabling Garden can be found on the Parks and Recreation’s website on the Vander Veer Botanical Park page. The web address is: www.cityofdavenportiowa.com/parks.
Construction is expected to be complete sometime in mid July. A new entrance to the Conservatory is also planned as part of the Enabling Garden construction, and may necessitate closing the Conservatory for a minimal amount of time. Patrons should check the Parks and Recreation website for any notice on closure during the construction period.
Tags See All Tags