- Download Lynda.com - Shooting and Processing High Dynamic Range Photographs
- Buy Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (en)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 SP3
- Download Microsoft Office Visio Premium 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouching
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS Formatting Visual Data
- Buy Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student (en,da,nl,fi,fr,de,it,no,pl,pt,ru,es,sv,bg,hr,cs,et,el,hu,lv,lt,ro,sr,sk,sl,tr,uk)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (32-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - HTML5: Messaging And Communications In Depth
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium Digital Classroom
|Enjoy the Magical Storytelling of Small Miracles at Riverside Theatre|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Sarah Burnett|
|Tuesday, 08 November 2011 13:37|
Iowa City, IA – November 7, 2011 – Original holiday stories sure to warm your heart.
Get out of the cold and enjoy an evening of heart-warming holiday storytelling with Riverside Theatre’s production of Small Miracles, a moving, one-man show by Resident Artist and Production Manager Ron Clark, November 25-27.
“It’s a nice thing to do on a holiday weekend with family and friends,” Clark said.
Small Miracles takes the audience on a nostalgic, heartfelt journey as Clark shares his recollections of growing up in a small Iowa town where the mayor/street cleaner doubled as Santa, a courageous dog, a 10-cent silver bell that became a family heirloom, a terrifying audition for the fifth grade Christmas pageant, and his stint at a department store Santa.
“It’s about as sentimental as you can get,” Clark said.
Clark’s vivid storytelling will captivate you and bring to mind your own fond memories. This show is perfect for the whole family.
“The joy of performing this piece comes from the collective memory between me and the audience. As I look at the audience I see a connection not just between me and the audience, but in the joy of the recollections of holidays past,” Clark said. “In a perfect world I would have my own children and grandsons gathered around me for these stories.”
In addition to Small Miracles, Clark’s writing for the theatre includes the plays Kindred Hearts, Grocery Stories, and Coffee and Hope, as well as many monologues over the years for Walking the Wire, Riverside’s annual monologue festival.
Clark, a professional actor and director, founded Riverside Theatre in 1981 along with Jody Hovland and Bruce Wheaton. Clark graduated from the University of Iowa with a Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) in 1980. In addition to his work at Riverside, Clark is a Distinguished Artist-in-Residence at Cornell College.
Small Miracles features original composition by Dan Knight and lighting design by Zachary Begley and Rachel Dudley.
Tickets for Small Miracles, November 25-27, are $20 with discounts available for those over 60, those under 30, and youth. Tickets are available by phone at (319) 338-7672, online at www.riversidetheatre.org or in person at the Riverside Theatre Box Office, located at 213 N. Gilbert St., Iowa City, IA.
Small Miracles is sponsored by Lensing Funeral & Cremation Services.###
Tags See All Tags