- Download Alien Skin Bokeh 2 MAC
- 59.95$ Adobe Prelude CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Inventor 2013
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Apple iLife `08 MAC
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Discount - ABBYY FineReader 10 Professional Edition
- Buy Avid Media Composer 6 (64 bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Ableton Suite 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap LATENITESOFT Xslimmer MAC
- Download Cyberlink Power2Go 6
- Download Lynda.com - Wedding Photography for Everyone: Fundamentals
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2012
|ENTRIES NOW OPEN FOR IDA KRAMER YOM HASHOAH ESSAY CONTEST|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Glenn Kass|
|Tuesday, 19 November 2013 15:57|
Current Generation Asked To Bring New Perspectives to Annual Holocaust Remembrance Event
ROCK ISLAND, IL – The Quad Cities Yom HaShoah (Yahm ha-SHOW-uh) Committee announces a call for entries to the “Ida Kramer Children and the Holocaust” Essay Contest open to all Quad City Area students in grades 8-12. The deadline for entry is February 1st, 2014.
A $500.00 scholarship is awarded for the winning essay while $200.00 will go to a classroom teacher that provides guidance for the entry chosen. The winning essay will be read during the annual Yom HaShoah Remembrance Service on Sunday, April 27th, 2014 - 7:00 PM - at Tri-City Jewish Center, 2715 30th Street, Rock Island.
Yom HaShoah is observed as a day of commemoration for the six million Jews (nearly 11 million people total) that perished during the Holocaust. It began in 1953 with the signing of an Israeli law by Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion and President Yitzhak Ben-Zvi. The essay contest bears the name locally of Ida Kramer, former Executive Director of the Jewish Federation of the Quad Cities and a longtime Holocaust educator.
The Jewish Federation of the Quad Cites (www.jfqc.org) is a non-profit, 501 c (3) Illinois corporation founded in 1980. With other local organizations, JFQC addresses a broad range of needs to include cultural, religious, educational, family welfare, care of the elderly and interfaith relations. The Federation combats hate and anti-Semitism by supporting religious liberty and civil rights for everyone.Its core mission is to preserve, protect, enrich and enhance Jewish communal life and the well-being of Jews locally, in Israel and throughout the world. It is a proud member of the Jewish Federations of North America (www.jewishfederations.org). The Jewish Federation of the Quad Cities is also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jewishfedqc.
Tags See All Tags