- 19.95$ BusyMac BusyCal MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (64-bit)
- Download Adobe Framemaker Server 10
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Buy Cheap Thegrideon Access Password Professional 2.0
- Buy Cheap CorelCAD 2014 MAC
- Buy Smith Micro PoserPro 2010 MAC (en)
- Buy 4Media DVD Ripper Standard 5 (en)
- 29.95$ Corel WinDVD Pro 11 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 3 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5: Portrait Retouching
- Buy OEM Sony CD Architect 5.2
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Composition cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC
|Evening Art History Series “History of Portraiture” Kicks Off Thursday|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Monday, 12 November 2012 09:15|
Davenport, IA (November 2012) Join PhD Margaret Morse, Assistant Professor of Art History at Augustana College, at the Figge Art Museum this Thursday, November 8 at 7pm for the art talk “The Renaissance Portrait”. This talk kicks off the first of a three part art history series about the history of portraiture. The Moline High School Jazz Ensemble, under the direction of Zackary Morton, will also perform at 6pm in the museum lobby.
The second lecture in the art history series will take place on Thursday, November 15 at 7pm where recent Augustana graduate Veronica Smith will present about “Two Baroque Portraits: The Seventeenth Century Woman.” The series will wrap up on Thursday, November 29 at 7pm with a talk about “The Good, the Bad and the Mundane: Western Portraiture in the Late Twentieth-Century” featuring Alycia Reed, PhD Candidate at the University of Iowa.
Each talk will explore the ideas and approaches of the artists from the Baroque period to present day. This lecture series is offered in conjunction with the Figge’s exhibitions Portrait of Maquoketa: The Dimensional View and Picturing Identity: The Allure of Portraiture. All talks are free with membership or paid admission.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9pm. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.-end-
Tags See All Tags