- Download Adobe Photoshop CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 399.95$ GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012
- Buy OEM Nik Software Color Efex Pro 3 MAC
- Discount - OmniGroup OmniPlan MAC
- Download Lynda.com - SQL Server: Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions
- Download Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CS6
- 199.95$ Autodesk NavisWorks Review 2009 cheap oem
- 99.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (64-bit)
- 19.95$ Acala DVD iPod Ripper cheap oem
- Buy Corel DVD MovieFactory 6 PLUS (en)
- Buy Autodesk Inventor 2015 (64-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
|Evening Art History Series “History of Portraiture” Kicks Off Thursday|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Monday, 12 November 2012 09:15|
Davenport, IA (November 2012) Join PhD Margaret Morse, Assistant Professor of Art History at Augustana College, at the Figge Art Museum this Thursday, November 8 at 7pm for the art talk “The Renaissance Portrait”. This talk kicks off the first of a three part art history series about the history of portraiture. The Moline High School Jazz Ensemble, under the direction of Zackary Morton, will also perform at 6pm in the museum lobby.
The second lecture in the art history series will take place on Thursday, November 15 at 7pm where recent Augustana graduate Veronica Smith will present about “Two Baroque Portraits: The Seventeenth Century Woman.” The series will wrap up on Thursday, November 29 at 7pm with a talk about “The Good, the Bad and the Mundane: Western Portraiture in the Late Twentieth-Century” featuring Alycia Reed, PhD Candidate at the University of Iowa.
Each talk will explore the ideas and approaches of the artists from the Baroque period to present day. This lecture series is offered in conjunction with the Figge’s exhibitions Portrait of Maquoketa: The Dimensional View and Picturing Identity: The Allure of Portraiture. All talks are free with membership or paid admission.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9pm. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.-end-
Tags See All Tags