- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Selections in Depth
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (32 bit)
- Buy OEM Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (64-bit)
- Download Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate
- Buy Adobe SoundBooth CS5 MAC (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Discount - Project 2010 For Dummies
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features (en)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS3 First Look
- Buy OEM 4Media DVD to iPod Converter 5
- Buy Cheap Adobe InDesign CS4
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2009 (en,es,it)
- 259.95$ Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 cheap oem
|Evening Art History Series “History of Portraiture” Kicks Off Thursday|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Monday, 12 November 2012 09:15|
Davenport, IA (November 2012) Join PhD Margaret Morse, Assistant Professor of Art History at Augustana College, at the Figge Art Museum this Thursday, November 8 at 7pm for the art talk “The Renaissance Portrait”. This talk kicks off the first of a three part art history series about the history of portraiture. The Moline High School Jazz Ensemble, under the direction of Zackary Morton, will also perform at 6pm in the museum lobby.
The second lecture in the art history series will take place on Thursday, November 15 at 7pm where recent Augustana graduate Veronica Smith will present about “Two Baroque Portraits: The Seventeenth Century Woman.” The series will wrap up on Thursday, November 29 at 7pm with a talk about “The Good, the Bad and the Mundane: Western Portraiture in the Late Twentieth-Century” featuring Alycia Reed, PhD Candidate at the University of Iowa.
Each talk will explore the ideas and approaches of the artists from the Baroque period to present day. This lecture series is offered in conjunction with the Figge’s exhibitions Portrait of Maquoketa: The Dimensional View and Picturing Identity: The Allure of Portraiture. All talks are free with membership or paid admission.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9pm. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.-end-
Tags See All Tags