- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Adobe InCopy CS6 (en,ko,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,no,nl,pt,fi,sv,hu,pl,tr,cs)
- Buy Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5 (en)
- Buy Flash CS4 Professional Bible (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Omni Group OmniFocus MAC
- Download Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training
- Buy Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Advanced (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - ASP.NET Essential Training (en)
- Buy AutoDesSys Bonzai 3D MAC (en)
- 199.95$ Autodesk Inventor Suite 2011 cheap oem
|Expert Shares Tips to Prepare for Surgery|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Tuesday, 31 July 2012 11:48|
How the ‘Herbal Martha Stewart’ Got Ready
for Her Hip Replacement
While they’re the place we go for healing, all hospitals have the potential to be a hotbed for contagious infections.
But there are precautionary measures patients can take, both to reduce the need for a hospital stay and to condition the body to ward off infection and minimize pain when surgery is necessary, says Letha Hadady, a nationally-recognized herbal expert and author of Naturally Pain Free, just published by Sourcebooks (www.AsianHealthSecrets.com). Letha has been documenting in real time her recent hip replacement, preparation and recovery, in a video blog on her global website.
“We are fast approaching a time when antibiotics will be outdated because infectious bacteria – Superbugs – have become resistant,” she says. “We have to protect ourselves with the gifts of nature that germs cannot adapt to – foods, minerals, herbal remedies and other natural products that build our defenses.”
There are 600,000 knee-replacement and 300,000 hip-replacement surgeries performed each year in the United States, a number that has doubled in the past 10 years and continues to grow, Hadady says. As a health expert cited by NBC News, AP Radio, Newsday, the Daily News, the San Francisco Chronicle and Barbara Walters, she says she is concerned about the risks, pain and fear as many people face both major and minor surgeries.
“These surgeries are only going to become more frequent as the baby boomer generation ages. People 50 and older with osteoarthritis are most likely to need hip- and knee-placements,” she says. “But plenty of younger people are affected, too. Runners, dancers, tennis players, soldiers – even high school students who suffer sports injuries. It could be you on the operating table!”
Hadady offers these tips to naturally condition the body before surgery:
About Letha Hadady
Letha Hadady has been called the “Martha Stewart of herbs” for her expertise in traditional Asian and alternative health. The author of five books, including her latest “Naturally Pain Free,” Letha has appeared widely on TV--including CNN, Today, The View — talk radio, and the internet. Letha is an adjunct faculty member for New York Open Center, and The Renfield Center for Nursing Education, Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. She has led stress-management workshops and acted as a natural product consultant for Sony Entertainment Inc., Dreyfus, Ogilvy & Mather, and Consumer Eyes, Inc. in New York.
Tags See All Tags