- Download Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
- 329.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Discount - BeLight Software Printfolio MAC
- Download Adobe Acrobat X Pro MAC
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium (en,de,nl)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC (en,de,es,it,sv,fr,cs,pl,tr)
- Buy QuarkXPress 10 MAC (en,ja,ko,zh,fr,de,es,it,pt,nl,sv,nb,da,ru,pl,cs)
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (32-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office 2008 MAC cheap oem
- Download Apple Final Cut Express 4 MAC
|Explore Life in the Slow Lane with Turtle Travels|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Elly Gerdts|
|Monday, 10 October 2011 15:41|
Bettendorf — Most people know the turtle basics: hard shell, four legs, head, tail. But visitors to the exhibit Turtle Travels will find out there’s a lot more to turtles than they thought. Appearing at the Family Museum October 15, 2011 – May 20, 2012, Turtle Travels is a fun-filled interactive exhibit that gives visitors a turtle-eye view of life in the slow lane.
Guests of all ages will walk onto a life-sized board game and explore interactive games, images, participatory text, artifacts, and a video about what it’s like to be a turtle moving through local habitats. The lively setting will have visitors advancing from one station to the next as they crawl under a live turtle enclosure, try on a turtle shell, help turtles to safety, and follow a sea turtle as it swims.
They’ll discover fascinating facts about what it’s like to be a turtle— how turtle bodies adapt themselves to many different habitats, why turtles need shells, the kinds of hazards they encounter in the wild, why turtles have been important to many different cultures, and more. This special exhibit is sure to intrigue visitors of all ages and provide an unusual perspective on some really cool reptiles. Trek along this turtle terrain, and you’ll find out that slow and steady not only wins the race but takes turtles on some amazing journeys too!
The exhibit includes a variety of fun components for families, including:
Turtle Travels, a traveling exhibition created by the Environmental Exhibit Collaborative (EEC), will be at the Family Museum from Saturday, October 15, 2011 through Sunday, May 20, 2012. Admission to Turtle Travels is free with Family Museum admission.
Turtle_Tunnel: Visitors can crawl under the turtle tunnel to safely reach the other side of the road.
Reading_Area: Relax on a turtle seat and read your favorite turtle book.
Track_the_Turtle: Use the antenna to find the hidden turtle. Use the same radio telemetry equipment that scientists use to study how turtles live and travel.
Turtle_Shell_Station: Work with a partner to build the arch of a turtle’s shell. A turtle’s shell is shaped like a series of arches, giving it great strength.
The Family Museum is a hands-on children’s museum located in Bettendorf, Iowa.
Free for Family Museum members and children under age 1
$4 for children age 1 up to age 2
$7 for ages 2-59$4 for ages 60+
Tags See All Tags