- Buy Cheap ABest Video to AppleTV 3GP SWF Converter
- Download Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student
- 99.95$ Mindjet MindManager 9 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Solidworks 2010 Premium (64-bit) (en,ru,es,pl,pt,ja,ko,de,it,cs,fr,zh)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2008 MAC
- Buy Macrabbit CSSEdit 2 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - PHP Essential Training
- Discount - Adobe FreeHand MX MAC (32-bit)
- Buy Algolab Photo Vector 1.98 (en)
- Buy OEM Access 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- 399.95$ Right Hemisphere Deep Exploration CAD Edition 6.5 cheap oem
|Explore the History Behind Inaugural Addresses, at Rock Island Library|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Thursday, 27 December 2012 14:09|
Rock Island, IL: With the nation’s 55th presidential inaugural address nearing on Jan. 21, the Rock Island Library has announced a special program to help put the event into its historical perspective.
“American Identity in the Inaugural Address” will be presented at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, Jan. 9 at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street, by Dr. Steve Klien of the Communication Studies Department of Augustana College.
For nearly 224 years, the inauguration of newly elected presidents has been an important national ritual celebrating American democracy. Inaugural addresses delivered by Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and John F. Kennedy have been among the most powerful and important orations in US history. Dr. Klien will discuss the role of these speeches in shaping American political and cultural identity.
Dr. Klien teaches courses in political communication, rhetorical theory and criticism, media studies, and communication research, including “Communication, Politics, and Citizenship” (an introduction to political communication and rhetorical studies), and “Critical Analysis of Messages” (a course in the rhetorical criticism of public address.)
The program is free and open to the public. For more news about Rock Island Public Library events, visit www.rockislandlibrary.org, call 309-732-7323 (READ) or follow the Rock Island Library on Facebook and Twitter. A monthly calendar of library events is available online and at Rock Island Library locations.
Tags See All Tags