- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
- Download Adobe Illustrator CS5 on Demand
- Discount - Pixologic ZBrush 4 MAC
- 39.95$ Alien Skin Snap Art 3 cheap oem
- 19.95$ Avanquest MyLogoMaker Professional 2 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Buy Micromat TechTool Pro 6 MAC (64-bit) (en,fr)
- Buy OEM Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 (64-bit)
- 9.95$ Flash CS5: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- Buy Acala DVD Ripper Professional 5 (en)
- Discount - ABest Video to RM RMVB WMV Converter
- Buy Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup
|Explore the World of Bike Touring at Rock Island Library on May 13|
|News Releases - Sports & Recreation|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Friday, 10 May 2013 15:04|
Rock Island, IL: May is bike month, so it’s only fitting that Rock Island author and bicycling advocate Chuck Oestreich will be at the Rock Island Library on Monday to informally discuss his book, “Bicycle Moon,” and discuss the ins and outs of touring on two wheels.
His informal discussion, Bike Touring and Book Writing, will be presented at 6:30 pm, on Monday, May 13 at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street. Writing a novel has been one of Chuck Oestreich’s lifelong dreams, and he’ll talk a little bit about the story, his experiences in writing it, along with some practical tips he’s learned over the years about bicycle touring. Participants are urged to add their own bike touring experiences and tips.
Though the novel's hero spends much of the book on a bike, bicycling is only part of the story in Bicycle Moon. What's more central to the book is a man drifting through life without much happiness or ambition. But when he accidentally takes off across mid-America on a bike, he has experiences which are singular, to say the least. Romance, suspense, interesting characters, and a whirlwind climax in a small Iowa town all add to the story.
This is not a book signing. No books will be for sale. If you do have a copy, the author will sign it. The author is a long-time Rock Island resident and teacher. He taught English at Rock Island High School for more than 30 years, currently writes a bicycling column for the Rock Island Argus/Moline Dispatch, and is involved in state-wide and local bike activism. He has bike toured cross-country in America and in ten foreign countries.
For more news about Rock Island Public Library events, visit www.rockislandlibrary.org, call 309-732-7323 (READ) or follow the Rock Island Library on Facebook and Twitter. A monthly calendar of library events is available online and at Rock Island Library locations.
Tags See All Tags