- Buy ARTS PDF Aerialist (en)
- Buy Intuit Quicken 2007 Home & Business (en)
- Buy Omni Group OmniFocus MAC (en)
- Buy Red Giant Effects Suite 11 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Office 2008
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC
- 389.95$ Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy BeLight Software Live Interior 3D Pro Edition MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection MAC
- Download Adobe Flex Builder Professional 3
|Extreme Kids Helping Kids Day|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Jennifer Schroder|
|Thursday, 24 April 2014 09:00|
River Bend Foodbank will celebrate “Extreme Kids Helping Kids” on Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. This family and kid-oriented event will be held in their new and larger facility at 4010 Kimmel Drive in Davenport. It is an opportunity to teach school-aged kids about service to others while having fun at the same time.
Since most food drives happen in the fall, the Foodbank is especially needy in the spring when supplies are low. Families, school and other youth groups are encouraged to collect and bring non-perishable food items to the Foodbank where they can enter to win prizes for the largest contribution (by weight). There will be family entertainment by the area’s top children’s entertainers. Special stations will be set up with, face painting, clowning, balloon artistry, caricature drawing and more, in a carnival-like atmosphere. Entry to the event is free.
River Bend Foodbank has been serving the greater Quad-City area since 1982. In addition to larger warehouse space, the new facility now has industrial-sized refrigeration; making it possible to provide even more fresh and refrigerated foods.
River Bend Foodbank is the largest hunger relief organization in the Quad Cities and surrounding communities, distributing more than 8 million lbs of food annually to more than 300 charitable feeding programs throughout a 22 county service area in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois. Childhood hunger programs include the Backpack Program which provides up to 1700 Quad City children with nourishing food to take home on the weekends during the school year, the Kids Café Program providing evening meals to children at three sites, and the Mobile Food Pantry which directly feeds thousands of families each month.
Tags See All Tags