- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 for Photographers New Features
- Download Avid Media Composer 6 MAC (64 bit)
- Download Adobe InDesign CS4
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (32-bit)
- 19.95$ 4Media DVD to PS3 Converter 5 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Running a Design Business: Freelancing cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Access 2010 - Forms and Reports in Depth
- Discount - Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers
- Discount - Autodesk Inventor Professional 2009
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 (32-bit)
|Extreme Kids Helping Kids Day|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Jennifer Schroder|
|Thursday, 24 April 2014 09:00|
River Bend Foodbank will celebrate “Extreme Kids Helping Kids” on Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. This family and kid-oriented event will be held in their new and larger facility at 4010 Kimmel Drive in Davenport. It is an opportunity to teach school-aged kids about service to others while having fun at the same time.
Since most food drives happen in the fall, the Foodbank is especially needy in the spring when supplies are low. Families, school and other youth groups are encouraged to collect and bring non-perishable food items to the Foodbank where they can enter to win prizes for the largest contribution (by weight). There will be family entertainment by the area’s top children’s entertainers. Special stations will be set up with, face painting, clowning, balloon artistry, caricature drawing and more, in a carnival-like atmosphere. Entry to the event is free.
River Bend Foodbank has been serving the greater Quad-City area since 1982. In addition to larger warehouse space, the new facility now has industrial-sized refrigeration; making it possible to provide even more fresh and refrigerated foods.
River Bend Foodbank is the largest hunger relief organization in the Quad Cities and surrounding communities, distributing more than 8 million lbs of food annually to more than 300 charitable feeding programs throughout a 22 county service area in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois. Childhood hunger programs include the Backpack Program which provides up to 1700 Quad City children with nourishing food to take home on the weekends during the school year, the Kids Café Program providing evening meals to children at three sites, and the Mobile Food Pantry which directly feeds thousands of families each month.
Tags See All Tags