- Discount - NewTek LightWave 3D 9
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition
- Download Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (32bit)
- 149.95$ Capture One Pro 7 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Ultra
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Professional 2013
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2011
- Discount - Nikon Capture NX 2.4.5 MAC
|Fabric and Threads Offers State Fairgoers Hands-On Crafts|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Wednesday, 25 July 2012 08:36|
DES MOINES, IA (07/24/2012)(readMedia)-- The Iowa State Fair invites Fairgoers to get involved with the Fabric and Threads department with a variety of hands-on crafts and sewing projects to participate in. "Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair set August 9-19.
The State Fair Sew-In will be open each Fair day from noon until 5 p.m. in the William C. Knapp Varied Industries Building. This Fair-long project offers Fairgoers a chance to try their hand at simple sewing and quilting while providing warm blankets to local children in need. Every participant will receive a commemorative pin for donating their time. No experience or pre-registration necessary. Volunteer sewing assistants and a site supervisor will be on-hand to supply materials and help with machines.
The Fabric and Threads department also holds a variety of Make It and Take It classes each Fair day. Fairgoers can choose from a variety of crafts offered such as tatting, hand appliqué and quilt block on-a-stick, to name a few. Make It and Take It sessions are held in the Varied Industries Building. Each session has a $10 materials fee and lasts approximately 1-2 hours.
For a complete list of the Make It and Take It projects and times, view the daily program online at www.iowastatefair.org/daily-
"Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair, August 9-19. Save money on advance admission tickets now through August 8 (while supplies last). For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags