- Buy OEM Access 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - Adobe Captivate 5
- 19.95$ ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8 cheap oem
- Buy OEM 1Click DVD To iPod 2
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Download Ashampoo Burning Studio 7
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2010 (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2009
- Buy Cheap ActiveState Komodo IDE 4.4
- 29.95$ SmithMicro Stuffit Deluxe 15 MAC cheap oem
|FAITH GROUP CRITICIZES HOUSE FOCUS ON CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Gamaliel|
|Wednesday, 24 July 2013 14:26|
Calls Judiciary Committee Hearing "Disingenuous—An Act of Political Showmanship"
Earlier today the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security met to hear testimony on the “immigration status of illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children.”
"The hearing was nothing more than an act of political showmanship. The House of Representatives is trying to look compassionate toward DREAMers, but actually they are avoiding the most important part of the debate: taking action on pathway to citizenship for 11 million people. Without a doubt, children are an important part of the pathway to citizenship conversation,” said Jesusa Rivera of Gamaliel, “but as any parent, educator, or social worker in this country will tell you, children are much more likely to be successful and to thrive in the context of healthy and whole families. Talk of citizenship for DREAMers without ensuring a pathway for their families is disingenuous. We want a real solution to our country’s broken immigration system that prioritizes family reunification and a pathway to citizenship for ALL 11 million undocumented people living in this country.”
Gamaliel clergy and leaders have organized a number of congregation basement field hearings and other events during August Recess, hoping to keep a message of family unity and pathway to citizenship at the center of the debate.
Gamaliel (www.gamaliel.org) is a grassroots network of non-partisan, faith-based organizations in 17 U.S. states, South Africa and the United Kingdom. Gamaliel organizes to empower ordinary people to effectively participate in the political, environmental, social and economic decisions affecting their lives. Gamaliel’s diverse members apply their faith and values to the pursuit of equal opportunity for all, shared abundance, and stronger, more prosperous communities.
Tags See All Tags