- 259.95$ Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010
- Buy OEM CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (64-bit)
- Download Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 (64 bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014
- Download Chief Architect Premier X6
- Download Lynda.com - Access 2013 Essential Training
- Download Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Download Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultra
- Download Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 New Features
- Download MakeMusic Finale 2012 MAC
- Discount - Ashampoo Firewall Pro
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Designing a Magazine Layout
|Fall For Iowa's Local Eats|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Teresa Bjork|
|Friday, 29 August 2014 08:59|
With such a cool summer this year, August feels like an early kick off to fall. In a few short weeks, the first of the early season apples will arrive at Iowa farmers markets and orchards.
Stay Cool: How To Pack a Safe School Lunch for your Kids
Now that summer is winding down, Iowa students are returning to class, but they might not always like what's on the school cafeteria menu. If you regularly pack lunches for your kids at school, or if you pack a lunch for yourself at work, remember to follow safe food-handling practices to prevent the potential for food-borne illness. Read more.
Extending the Tomato Season
Iowans crave the taste of fresh-picked tomatoes all year long, not just in the summer. But while tomatoes thrive in Iowa's hot summer weather, they can't survive past the first frost of fall. So farmers are adopting new technology to extend the growing season in Iowa for tomatoes and other fresh produce, such as lettuce, cucumbers and herbs. Read more.
GMO Benefits Win Over Iowa Grocery Shoppers
Nearly nine out of 10 Iowa grocery shoppers say their purchasing decisions would be influenced by knowing that crops developed with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) can produce foods with improved nutritional content, according to the recently released Iowa Farm Bureau Food and Farm Index™. The scientific survey, which was conducted online by Harris Poll, also showed that a large majority, 84 percent, of Iowa grocery shoppers would be influenced to buy foods made with GMO crops when they learn that the technology allows farmers to reduce pesticide use. Read more.
Tags See All Tags