- Buy Cheap MathWorks MatLab R2012b
- 39.95$ Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection cheap oem
- 149.95$ Adobe Presenter 7 cheap oem
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning OS X Mountain Lion Server
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 (en)
- 19.95$ Jaksta MAC cheap oem
- 9.95$ How to Do Everything Adobe Photoshop CS4 cheap oem
- 199.95$ CorelCAD 2013 (64 bit) cheap oem
- 299.95$ Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Discount - Excel 2010 Just the Steps For Dummies
- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2014 Premium (32-bit)
|Family Literacy Program celebrates a banner year|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Mary McNeil|
|Monday, 24 May 2010 12:41|
A community comes together to support Family Literacy Program
(Rock Island, IL) With the recent influx of immigrants, many children and families are struggling to understand the new culture and language. But thanks to many community partners coming together sharing resources, families from nine different countries speaking six different languages are learning English and nineteen community partners supporting them.
A news event highlighting the first year’s success of the Lights ON for Learning Family Literacy Program is being held Thursday, May 20th at 11:00 am at the Church of Peace (1114 12th Street in Rock Island) in the Fellowship Hall. The program began with three families in the fall and at year’s end there are now over forty adult students and 25 pre-school children participating.
Attending the news conference will be Rock Island Mayor, Dennis Pauley, Rock Island Schools Superintendent, Mike Oberhaus, the former Superintendent of the Regional Office of Education, Joe Vermeire, as well as representatives from the various community partners who are the backbone of this program. The teachers and the families involved in the program will also be available for interviews.
The program is from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays at the Church of Peace. A typical day at the Lights ON for Learning Family Literacy program consists of English as a Second Language tutoring, lunch and activities with their children, parenting and life skills, and computer and library skills training.
Tags See All Tags