- Discount - Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS Fundamentals (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Up And Running With Tumblr
- 99.95$ QuarkXpress 7.3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM FileMaker Server 11 Advanced
- Download HogBay Software TaskPaper MAC
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2011 MAC (en,ja)
- Discount - Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2015 (64-bit)
- Discount - GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Web Design
- Buy Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Family Pack with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
|Feature piece of immigrants receiving hearing exams today!|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by M. McNeil|
|Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:34|
Quad City Immigrants are getting their first hearing screenings this week…..thanks to Augustana students who are volunteering their time and expertise
(Rock Island, IL) According to Augustana College Assistant Professor, Ann Perreau the screenings taking place this Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday is a win-win for all involved. The 64 immigrants attending “English as a Second Language” classes at Church of Peace in Rock Island will receive a vital service and the Augustana students will get some experience testing hearing.
Dr. Perreau says approximately 18 student volunteers will be assisting with the hearing screening. She says all of the students are Communication Sciences and Disorders majors, who will likely pursue careers as speech-language pathologists and audiologists. “We have a relatively new audiology program at the Augustana College Center for Speech, Language, and Hearing and we will be using several pieces of new equipment following funding we have received from local agencies over the past 1-2 years to conduct this screening”.
***The media is invited to the screenings for pictures and videos on Wednesday, May 15th at 10:00 am at the Church (1114 12th St. Rock Island). The students and organizers will be available for interviews***
The program is a cooperative effort among Black Hawk College, the Secretary of State, Rock Island School District, the Regional Office of Education Lights ON, Rock Island Library, and the Church of Peace.
The students are from many countries with the majority being from Myanmar (used to be called Burma), Iraq, and Africa (Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tanzania).
Tags See All Tags