- 99.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM ModelRight Professional 3.0
- Buy Lynda.com - Fireworks CS4 Essential Training (en)
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (32-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
- 89.95$ Adobe After Effects CS5 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 39.95$ Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap BinaryFruit DriveDX 1.2 MAC
- Buy OEM Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8
- Discount - Microsoft Project 2010: The Missing Manual
- Buy ElcomSoft Advanced Archive Password Recovery 4 Professional (en)
- Buy iPhone: The Missing Manual (en)
- 29.95$ Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 cheap oem
|Feinstein, Grassley Introduce Bill to Combat Transnational Organized Crime|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 08:39|
Establishes new penalties for drug traffickers
Washington—U.S. Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), co-chairs of the Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control, have introduced legislation to help combat the international drug trade. The Transnational Drug Trafficking Act of 2011 would provide the Justice Department with new tools to prosecute drug traffickers from foreign countries.
“We cannot sit idly by as transnational criminal organizations find new ways to circumvent our laws,” said Senator Feinstein. “This bill will allow U.S. prosecutors to stay one step ahead of drug trafficking organizations.”
“Drug cartels are continually evolving, and this legislation ensures that our criminal laws keep pace,” said Senator Grassley. “This legislation closes a loophole abused by drug traffickers that intend for drugs to end up in the United States but supply them through an intermediary.”
The Transnational Drug Trafficking Act of 2011, S. 1612, has three main components:
• Establishes penalties for drug trafficking activity when individuals have reasonable cause to believe that illegal drugs will be trafficked into the United States;
• Ensures current penalties apply to chemical producers from other countries (including producers of pseudoephedrine used for methamphetamine) that illegally ship precursor chemicals into the U.S. knowing these chemicals will be used to make illegal drugs.
• Ensures that members of any conspiracy to distribute controlled substances will be subject to U.S. jurisdiction when at least one member of the conspiracy intends or knows that illegal drugs will be unlawfully imported into the U.S.
This bill supports the Obama Administration’s recently released Strategy to Combat Transnational Organized Crime.
The legislation is co-sponsored by Senators Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Robert Casey (D-Pa.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.).
Tags See All Tags