- Buy Cheetah 3D 5 MAC (en)
- Download Intuit Quicken 2009 Home & Business [Canada]
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Layers in Depth
- Discount - Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training
- Discount - Autodesk Combustion 2008 MAC
- 69.95$ Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2011
- Buy 4Media DVD Ripper Platinum 5 (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap The Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)
- Download Adobe Illustrator CS5 MAC
- 9.95$ Outlook 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies cheap oem
|Feinstein, Grassley Introduce Bill to Combat Transnational Organized Crime|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 08:39|
Establishes new penalties for drug traffickers
Washington—U.S. Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), co-chairs of the Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control, have introduced legislation to help combat the international drug trade. The Transnational Drug Trafficking Act of 2011 would provide the Justice Department with new tools to prosecute drug traffickers from foreign countries.
“We cannot sit idly by as transnational criminal organizations find new ways to circumvent our laws,” said Senator Feinstein. “This bill will allow U.S. prosecutors to stay one step ahead of drug trafficking organizations.”
“Drug cartels are continually evolving, and this legislation ensures that our criminal laws keep pace,” said Senator Grassley. “This legislation closes a loophole abused by drug traffickers that intend for drugs to end up in the United States but supply them through an intermediary.”
The Transnational Drug Trafficking Act of 2011, S. 1612, has three main components:
• Establishes penalties for drug trafficking activity when individuals have reasonable cause to believe that illegal drugs will be trafficked into the United States;
• Ensures current penalties apply to chemical producers from other countries (including producers of pseudoephedrine used for methamphetamine) that illegally ship precursor chemicals into the U.S. knowing these chemicals will be used to make illegal drugs.
• Ensures that members of any conspiracy to distribute controlled substances will be subject to U.S. jurisdiction when at least one member of the conspiracy intends or knows that illegal drugs will be unlawfully imported into the U.S.
This bill supports the Obama Administration’s recently released Strategy to Combat Transnational Organized Crime.
The legislation is co-sponsored by Senators Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Robert Casey (D-Pa.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.).
Tags See All Tags