- Buy Nuance OmniPage Professional 16 (en,de,fr)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Family Pack with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe RoboHelp 8
- Discount - Panic Unison 2 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2011
- Download Adobe Flash CS4 Professional
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Mixed in Key 2 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit)
- 49.95$ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 cheap oem
- Download Vision & Voice: Refining Your Vision in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
|Figge Art Museum Advent Tours|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Monday, 02 December 2013 14:43|
Davenport, Iowa (December 2, 2013) – The Figge Art Museum will be offering Advent Tours on Sundays at 1:30 p.m. beginning this Sunday through December 22. Each week a different docent will be giving a themed tour of specially selected artworks from the permanent collection related to Advent.
December 8 will be the Art for Meditation tour which will feature several pieces of religious art as well as two secular pieces with a focus on how this art was used for meditation in the past and how it can be used for meditation today. Tour participants will also learn about the relationship between meditation and devotions.
The December 15 tour will explain how Advent is a time of preparation, waiting and watching laced with wonder. Emphasis will be placed on how art can facilitate preparation and add beauty, insight and hope. The objective is to get participants to realize that waiting, watching and wonder can be exciting in different ways than shopping, decorating and hustle and bustle.
For the December 22 tour participants will explore a selection of beautiful religious paintings, most of them painted in the 15th and 16th centuries. The history and purpose of religious art will be covered.
No reservations are required and the tours are free with paid admission or membership.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags