- Buy OEM Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 (64-bit)
- 59.95$ Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Photoshop CS4: Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks (en)
- Discount - Adobe Muse CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - Corel WordPerfect Office X4 Standard
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to WMV MOV Converter
- Buy OEM Autodesk Mudbox 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac Box Set
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Composition (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Classroom in a Book (en)
- 9.95$ Digital Portrait Photography For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Polish (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC
|Figge Art Museum Offers Free Admission on Smithsonian Magazine's Seventh Annual Museum Day|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Monday, 19 September 2011 09:00|
Davenport, IA — On Saturday, September 24, 2011, the Figge Art Museum will participate in the seventh annual Museum Day. The Museum will join other participating museums and cultural institutions nationwide to open their doors free of charge to all visitors who download the Museum Day Ticket from Smithsonian.com. Museum Day is a celebration of the dissemination of knowledge to anyone and everyone interested, without a price tag, emulating the free admission policy of the Smithsonian Institution’s Washington, DC-based facilities.
With support from CITGO, Museum Day 2011 is poised to be the largest to date, outdoing last year’s record-breaking event. In 2010, museum goers downloaded 227,747 tickets resulting in more than 500,000 museum-goers visiting over 1,300 venues in all 50 states, Washington, DC and Puerto Rico.
Museum Day will give visitors the opportunity to see the Figge’s new “Restoring the Spirit: Celebrating Haitian Art” exhibition. Also on view will be “Turn of the Century Posters from the Krannert Art Museum Collection” and “Everything, All at One, Forever,” as well as the Museum’s permanent collection and the ongoing exhibition “ A Legacy for Iowa: Pollock's Mural and Modern Masterworks from the University of Iowa Museum of Art”. For more information about Figge exhibitions, please visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
The Museum Day Ticket is available to download at www.smithsonian.com/museumday.
A list of participating museums is available at www.smithsonianmag.com/
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum, formerly the Davenport Museum of Art, opened August 6, 2005. The award-winning building designed by architect David Chipperfield holds a collection of approximately 3,500 works that reflect artistic styles and developments from the Renaissance to contemporary art, with particular strengths in American Regionalist, Mexican Colonial, and Haitian art. The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday throughSaturday, Sundays 12-5 p.m.and Thursdays 10 a.m.- 9p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.
About Smithsonian Media
Tags See All Tags