- Discount - Avid Media Composer 6 MAC (64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS: Styling Navigation
- Buy Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 3 (64-bit) (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT 2010
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 for Photographers New Features
- Download Adobe Fireworks CS6
- 29.95$ Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Essential Training
- 199.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
- 29.95$ Algolab Photo Vector 1.98 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Red Giant Effects Suite 11 MAC
|FIGGE ART MUSEUM TO HOST DISCUSSION ABOUT POLLOCK ‘MURAL’DEBATE|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Thursday, 24 March 2011 07:31|
Davenport, Iowa – March, 2011– “The Pollock ‘Mural’ Debate: What Have We Learned?” is the topic of a presentation set for 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 27, at the Figge Art Museum, 225 West Second Street in Davenport.
The presentation and discussion is a collaborative effort of the Figge and the University of Iowa Museum of Art (UIMA). Andrew J. Butler, president of the board of directors of the Figge Art Museum, and UIMA Executive Director Sean O’Harrow will comment on the questions raised by recent efforts by state legislators to mandate the sale of the Jackson Pollock’s “Mural” as a means of providing scholarships for UI students.
The presentation will also examine the role of art objects and art museums in public education, including the role of real objects for use in teaching; and how cultural institutions advance economic development.
Participants will also have the opportunity to see “Mural,” which is on display at the Figge, along with other UIMA works of art following the flood of 2008.
Free with Figge membership or paid admission. University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff are admitted to the Figge free of charge with a UI ID card. UIMA donors are admitted free with their donor courtesy cards.
For more information see uima.uiowa.edu.
FIGGE ART MUSEUM
225 W. 2nd Street|Davenport, Iowa|52801
NOW ON EXHIBITION:
Tracks: Photography and the Railroad from the George Eastman House Collection | Through April 23, 2011
Crossing the Mississippi: The Quad Cities, the Railroad and Art | Through April 24, 2011
University of Iowa School of Art Faculty Exhibition | Through March 6, 2011
The John Deere Collection | Through May 2011
Legacy for Iowa: Pollock’s Mural and Modern Masterworks from the University of Iowa Museum of Art | Ongoing
Portraits: Photography from the Brent Sikkema Collection | Ongoing
Frank Lloyd Wright: The Art Living | Ongoing
Celebrating Ideas: Bridging Communities with Augustana’s Liberal Arts through the Ages | Mar 19 through May 29, 2011
Waterviews from the Figge Collection | May 7 through Aug 21, 2011
Tags See All Tags