- 199.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe InDesign CS5.5 MAC
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Polish (Level 1, 2, 3 Set)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (32bit) (ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,en,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,br,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh,tw)
- 99.95$ Red Giant PluralEyes 3 cheap oem
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Bootstrap 2 MAC (en)
- Buy Ashampoo Uninstaller 3 (en)
- 99.95$ Adobe FreeHand MX MAC (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cocoatech Path Finder 6 MAC (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Joomla! 1.7: Programming and Packaging Extensions
- Download Propellerhead Reason 5 MAC
- 149.95$ Adobe Framemaker 10 cheap oem
|FIGGE ART MUSEUM TO HOST DISCUSSION ABOUT POLLOCK ‘MURAL’DEBATE|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Thursday, 24 March 2011 07:31|
Davenport, Iowa – March, 2011– “The Pollock ‘Mural’ Debate: What Have We Learned?” is the topic of a presentation set for 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 27, at the Figge Art Museum, 225 West Second Street in Davenport.
The presentation and discussion is a collaborative effort of the Figge and the University of Iowa Museum of Art (UIMA). Andrew J. Butler, president of the board of directors of the Figge Art Museum, and UIMA Executive Director Sean O’Harrow will comment on the questions raised by recent efforts by state legislators to mandate the sale of the Jackson Pollock’s “Mural” as a means of providing scholarships for UI students.
The presentation will also examine the role of art objects and art museums in public education, including the role of real objects for use in teaching; and how cultural institutions advance economic development.
Participants will also have the opportunity to see “Mural,” which is on display at the Figge, along with other UIMA works of art following the flood of 2008.
Free with Figge membership or paid admission. University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff are admitted to the Figge free of charge with a UI ID card. UIMA donors are admitted free with their donor courtesy cards.
For more information see uima.uiowa.edu.
FIGGE ART MUSEUM
225 W. 2nd Street|Davenport, Iowa|52801
NOW ON EXHIBITION:
Tracks: Photography and the Railroad from the George Eastman House Collection | Through April 23, 2011
Crossing the Mississippi: The Quad Cities, the Railroad and Art | Through April 24, 2011
University of Iowa School of Art Faculty Exhibition | Through March 6, 2011
The John Deere Collection | Through May 2011
Legacy for Iowa: Pollock’s Mural and Modern Masterworks from the University of Iowa Museum of Art | Ongoing
Portraits: Photography from the Brent Sikkema Collection | Ongoing
Frank Lloyd Wright: The Art Living | Ongoing
Celebrating Ideas: Bridging Communities with Augustana’s Liberal Arts through the Ages | Mar 19 through May 29, 2011
Waterviews from the Figge Collection | May 7 through Aug 21, 2011
Tags See All Tags