- Buy Windows 7 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Expression Studio 3 cheap oem
- Buy 1Click DVD To iPod 2 (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC
- Discount - GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Captivate 5
- Discount - Lynda.com - Up and Running with Java Applications
- Buy OEM CodeGear RAD Studio 2009 Architect
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit)
- Download Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set)
|Figge Features Artworks from Local College Students|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Tuesday, 16 October 2012 09:43|
Davenport, IA (October 2012)- With its strong commitment to art and education, the Figge Art Museum is pleased to announce another installation of its annual exhibition, College Invitational, on display in the Mary Waterman Gildehaus Community Gallery from October 20, 2012 through January 6, 2013. This exhibition celebrates the talents and successes of community art students, as well as the faculties and institutions that support them. Included artworks are selected by professors from the art department at each participating institution and this year’s exhibition features 47 works from promising artists at: Augustana College, Black Hawk College, Eastern Iowa Community College, Knox College, Monmouth College, St. Ambrose University and Western Illinois University.
The museum invites interested parties to attend an opening reception on Saturday, October 20 from 2-4 pm. An introduction from the Figge’s new Director of Education Melissa Hueting will be followed by commentary from the student artists, college faculty and staff. Light hors d’oeuvres will be served.
The opening reception is free to the public. Photography is allowed in the exhibition.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum, formerly the Davenport Museum of Art, opened August 6, 2005. The award-winning building designed by architect David Chipperfield holds a collection of approximately 3,500 works that reflect artistic styles and developments from the Renaissance to contemporary art, with particular strengths in American Regionalist, Mexican Colonial, and Haitian art. The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Sundays 12-5 p.m. and Thursdays 10 a.m.- 9p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags