- Buy OEM TuneUp Utilities 2008
- Buy Lynda.com - Blender 2.6 Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques
- Download Alien Skin Eye Candy 7 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - MySQL Essential Training
- 199.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Datacenter cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC
- Buy Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 (en,de,fr,ru)
- Discount - Lightroom 3: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Power Shortcuts cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Training MAC
- Buy Cheap Mindjet MindManager 9 MAC
- Download Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro
|Figge Offers Free Admission on Smithsonian Magazine's Annual Museum Day|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Friday, 28 September 2012 14:53|
Davenport, IOWA (September 2012) — On Saturday, September 29, 2012, the Figge Art Museum will participate in the Smithsonian’s annual Museum Day. The Museum will join other participating museums and cultural institutions nationwide to open their doors free of charge to all visitors who download the Museum Day Ticket from Smithsonian.com. Museum Day is a celebration of the dissemination of knowledge to anyone and everyone interested, without a price tag, emulating the free admission policy of the Smithsonian Institution’s Washington, DC-based facilities.
Museum Day will give visitors the opportunity to see the Figge’s Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service exhibition, “NASA | ART 50 Years of Exploration” before it closes on October 7. Also on view will be “Posing Beauty in African American Culture” and “Waxing Poetic: Exploring Expression in Art,” as well as the Museum’s permanent collection. For more information about Figge exhibitions, please visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
The Museum Day Ticket is available to download at www.smithsonian.com/museumday.
A list of participating museums is available at www.smithsonianmag.com/
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum, formerly the Davenport Museum of Art, opened August 6, 2005. The award-winning building designed by architect David Chipperfield holds a collection of approximately 3,500 works that reflect artistic styles and developments from the Renaissance to contemporary art, with particular strengths in American Regionalist, Mexican Colonial, and Haitian art. The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Sundays 12-5 p.m.and Thursdays 10 a.m.- 9p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.
About Smithsonian Media
Tags See All Tags