- 69.95$ Adobe Flash CS3 Professional cheap oem
- 9.95$ How to Do Everything Adobe Photoshop CS4 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Elements 9
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5
- Discount - Lynda.com - After Effects CS6 Essential Training
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5: Landscape Photography cheap oem
- Buy Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 Enterprise Server (en)
- Download Capture One Pro 6 MAC
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Training MAC
- Download Roxio Toast 9 Titanium MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (64-bit)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 MAC cheap oem
|Fighting Fat with Fat: Update on Atkins Diet|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Monday, 07 January 2013 12:54|
Colleague of Celebrity Dietician Shares FAQ
on Low-Carb Diets
When Dr. John Salerno – a protégé of “Atkins Diet” creator Dr. Robert Atkins – testified before the U.S.D.A. about plans for its most recent Food Pyramid revision, he spoke his mind: The food industry is corrupt and has supported recommendations that do not support the population’s health.
“Hidden sugar, preservatives and highly processed white starch are what are really causing our health epidemic in the United States,” says Salerno, author of “The Silver Cloud Diet,” (www.thesilverclouddiet.com). “Obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease are killing this country, and it’s not because people are eating too much organic natural fats.”
Since the initial popularity of the Atkins food plan some years ago, however, there have been critics of the low-carbohydrate diet. The science was and is sound, says Dr. Salerno, who worked closely with Atkins on research. The problem was that the diet itself was not sustainable.
“The basic principles needed revision both to make the diet sustainable and to take into account the foods available today,” he says.
How does a low-carb diet work? Salerno answers the most frequently asked questions:
About Dr. John Salerno
A board-certified family physician, Dr. John Salerno has been pioneering complementary medicine for more than 20 years. Best known for his Silver Cloud Diet nutrition program, anti-aging supplements, and natural therapies, Dr. Salerno has crafted original treatment plans to restore human health. His publications and professional studies have made him a popular expert on the physiology and assessment of many complex medical conditions. Dr. Salerno was a protégé and colleague of prestigious Dr. Robert Atkins and has worked with Hollywood actress/author Suzanne Somers (bioidentical hormone replacement therapy pioneer); actor Steven Cannell; and president of the International Congress of Integrative Medicine, Dr. Hiroyuki Abe M.D.
Tags See All Tags