- Download Parallels Desktop 4 MAC
- Download Excel 2007 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Discount - Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- Buy OEM Navicat Premium 9
- Download Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Home And Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011 (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Polish (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional 9 (en)
- 199.95$ Autodesk Inventor Suite 2011 cheap oem
- 9.95$ ABest Video to WMV SWF FLV Converter cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop CS5 on Demand
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
|Fighting Fat with Fat: Update on Atkins Diet|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Monday, 07 January 2013 12:54|
Colleague of Celebrity Dietician Shares FAQ
on Low-Carb Diets
When Dr. John Salerno – a protégé of “Atkins Diet” creator Dr. Robert Atkins – testified before the U.S.D.A. about plans for its most recent Food Pyramid revision, he spoke his mind: The food industry is corrupt and has supported recommendations that do not support the population’s health.
“Hidden sugar, preservatives and highly processed white starch are what are really causing our health epidemic in the United States,” says Salerno, author of “The Silver Cloud Diet,” (www.thesilverclouddiet.com). “Obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease are killing this country, and it’s not because people are eating too much organic natural fats.”
Since the initial popularity of the Atkins food plan some years ago, however, there have been critics of the low-carbohydrate diet. The science was and is sound, says Dr. Salerno, who worked closely with Atkins on research. The problem was that the diet itself was not sustainable.
“The basic principles needed revision both to make the diet sustainable and to take into account the foods available today,” he says.
How does a low-carb diet work? Salerno answers the most frequently asked questions:
About Dr. John Salerno
A board-certified family physician, Dr. John Salerno has been pioneering complementary medicine for more than 20 years. Best known for his Silver Cloud Diet nutrition program, anti-aging supplements, and natural therapies, Dr. Salerno has crafted original treatment plans to restore human health. His publications and professional studies have made him a popular expert on the physiology and assessment of many complex medical conditions. Dr. Salerno was a protégé and colleague of prestigious Dr. Robert Atkins and has worked with Hollywood actress/author Suzanne Somers (bioidentical hormone replacement therapy pioneer); actor Steven Cannell; and president of the International Congress of Integrative Medicine, Dr. Hiroyuki Abe M.D.
Tags See All Tags