- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (en)
- 49.95$ Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X6 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap MacGourmet Deluxe 3 MAC
- Buy ABest Video to AVI MPEG VCD DVD Converter (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 MAC
- Discount - Excel 2007 Data Analysis For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack MAC
- Buy Cheap ARTS PDF Aerialist Professional
- Discount - Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 Ultra64
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Up and Running with Evernote for Windows
- Download Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Home And Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Project 2010: The Missing Manual
- Download Microsoft AutoRoute 2010 Europe
|Filmmaker’s Master’s Class at PVHS Friday|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Bev Ricketts|
|Thursday, 23 April 2009 12:32|
On April 24th, at 11:00 AM, co-producer of the film “Sugar” will be at Pleasant Valley High School. Along with his colleagues, co-producer, Jeremy Walker will speak to approximately 100 Pleasant Valley high school students about careers in film making.
“Movie production is a career that is of high interest to many students. Students who have not had the opportunity to job shadow careers in filmmaking are able to have a first-hand experience, instead of relying on computers to find out information,” says Mary Johnson, Career Advisor from Pleasant Valley High School.
This experience was coordinated through the collaborative efforts of Doug Miller - Motion Pictures Midwest, and the Business Education Partnership program, as a way for students to gain first hand knowledge of opportunities that are available to them in the filmmaking industry. “This is a great opportunity for students to meet and interact with high profile professionals in a career that has not previously been available to them in the Quad City Area,” states School-to-Work Coordinator, Tammy Chelf. “Pleasant Valley is thrilled to have the opportunity to hear first-hand about filmmaking and production. There will also be time allotted for Q & A”.
“Sugar” follows a Dominican player, Miguel “Sugar” Santos, from his dreams of being a player to landing with a minor-league team. Scenes were filmed at the former John O’Donnell Stadium, now Modern Woodmen Park, in Davenport. (The city, in the fictionalized movie, is called “Bridgetown,” and the uniforms and team name are the former Swing of the Quad-Cities.).
Walker, co-producers Jamie Patricof and Paul Mezey, and writers-directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, will all park in the Quad-Cities later this week for the local premiere of “Sugar,” which debuted earlier this month in New York and Los Angeles. It will premier Friday night in Davenport at Showcase Cinemas 53.
Tags See All Tags