- Download Microsoft Office Visio Premium 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy ElcomSoft Advanced ARJ Password Recovery 2.0 (en)
- Download Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium Digital Classroom
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- 59.95$ Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn German (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Toxik 2008
- Discount - Ashampoo Photo Commander 6
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop cheap oem
|Film’s Re-Release Highlights How Halloween & Hollywood Changed in 1978|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Tuesday, 16 October 2012 09:38|
Outside-the-Box Producer Discusses Value of New Blood
in the Industry
Once upon a time – before the late 1970s – it was a holiday for children.
Using Halloween as a theme, however, an independent film producer saw opportunity by getting inside the minds of adults. Irwin Yablans, (www.irwinyablans.com), pioneered a highly profitable new genre, Horror, by rebranding an overlooked holiday and introducing Hollywood to new talent.
In his new memoir, “The Man Who Created Halloween,” Yablans details his fortuitous journey from Brooklyn’s tenements to Hollywood and behind-the-scenes tales from the iconic movie.
“I suppose it is a bit of a Cinderella story, if Cinderella were a pugnacious Jewish guy who fought his way out of a run-down Brooklyn tenement and made a living out of rebranding a kiddie holiday with Hitchcockian chiller-flicks,” says Yablans, who created the “Halloween” franchise of movies as an independent producer.
The film that kicked it all off is being rereleased in theaters this holiday season for the first time in 34 years. Showings can be found online, at http://www.screenvision.com/
Yablans also worked as sales chief at Paramount Pictures and was head of Orion Pictures. But it was when he did things his own way, as an independent producer, that he made his mark on the world. He says the following factors and people significantly contributed to the success of his project:
About Irwin Yablans
Irwin Yablans is the executive producer and creator of the “Halloween” film series, which forever changed the horror genre and the old studio system. His new autobiography, “The Man Who Created Halloween,” details a true rags-to-riches tale of a boy who grew up in a roach-invested tenement in Brooklyn to become the man who transformed society’s view of a children’s holiday. Yablans’ influence in Hollywood includes setting the standard for a new breed of independent producers and filmmakers, the discovery of famed director John Carpenter and advocating for studio support of one of the most acclaimed films in history, Francis Ford Coppola’s “Apocalypse Now.” Yablans self-published his debut book through CreateSpace, Amazon.com’s independent publishing platform.
Tags See All Tags