- Discount - IMSI TurboFLOORPLAN Home and Landscape PRO 12
- 259.95$ Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 MAC cheap oem
- 39.95$ Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS4 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 SP2
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to RM RMVB MPEG Converter
- 49.95$ Prosoft Data Rescue 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- Discount - Corel WordPerfect Office X5 Standard
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- Discount - Corel Designer Technical Suite X5
- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Exposure 5
|First Annual Midwest Technical Institute High School Welding Competition|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Sarah May|
|Wednesday, 18 April 2012 12:28|
Presented by Midwest Technical Institute – Moline
April 27, 2012 from 8:00am-1:30pm
At Moline Campus located at 3620 Avenue of the Cities in Moline.
Midwest Technical Institute is proud to present our First Annual High School Welding Competition for local High Schools and
Vocational Schools in the area. The competition is a great learning experience for all students involved and gives students a chance to
see how their skills compare to other students in the area. The students will complete a project consisting of out of position welding
using 7018 rod and take a written exam to demonstrate their knowledge on terminology and blueprint reading.
The top 3 winners will receive Cash Prizes:
• First place-$500, Second place-$250, & Third place-$100
• Top 10 winners will receive medals.
This year’s competition we have the following schools registered to attend: Central High School(Davenport, IA), Central High School
(Clinton County, IA), East Dubuque High School (IA), Mercer County High School (Aledo, IL), Scales Mound High School (Jo
Daviess County, IL), West High School (Davenport, IA), and West Branch High School (West Branch, IA). Welding promptly starts
at 9:00am and ends at 11:00am. Friends and family are more than welcome to attend the competition. Presentation of awards and
pictures will start at 12:00pm. We are also excited to announce that of our Lincoln Electric Virtual Reality Arc Welding Simulator
will be available for competitors and spectators to try. The simulator produces real-time, welding technique feedback similar to a
MTI’s mission for the competition is to encourage high school vocational students to continue to practice and educate themselves
in the mechanical trade fields. Often vocational programs are overlooked by other school programs. It is our hope that thru the
competition we can show support for the local vocational programs and highlight these talented students for their hard work and skill.
If you’d like more information about this topic, schedule of events or to schedule an interview with a welding instructor, please call or email Adam May (information at top).
Midwest Technical Institute – Moline
3620 Avenue of the Cities, Moline, IL 61265
Tags See All Tags