- Buy Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- 29.95$ ElcomSoft Advanced VBA Password Recovery 1.62 cheap oem
- 39.95$ Cyberlink DVD Suite 5 Pro cheap oem
- Buy Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM AnyBizSoft PDF Converter MAC
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2009
- Buy Cheap Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6 MAC
- 99.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Foundation cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2011
- Buy Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC (en,da,de,es,fr,it,no,pt,sv,cs,ro,tr,pl,ja,ko)
|Five Ways to Go Green in a Iowa Home|
|News Releases - Environment, Weather & Nature|
|Written by Douglas Patch|
|Tuesday, 17 April 2012 15:12|
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 (Davenport, IA) – From large scale renovations to quick redecorating projects, there are many great ways to go green while making updates to your home. In celebration of Earth Day, Northwest Carpet One Floor & Home offers these five tips on making your project a little greener:
1. Repurposing vintage and antique furniture is one of the best ways to be kind to the planet. Family members’ garages, yard sales, and online auction sites like eBay and Craigslist are great places to start. A repurposed piece might need some work but often times, a quick coat of paint or a good cleaning can reveal the perfect piece to add a layer of uniqueness to a new design.
2. Choose a paint that has no VOCs – volatile organic compounds – like Benjamin Moore’s Natura® line. VOCs are also what cause that paint smell so this green choice will also make do-it-yourself painting projects a little more enjoyable.
3. Look for green options in unexpected places. “Many people are surprised to find that there are so many options for eco-friendly flooring,” said Douglas Patch, of Northwest Carpet One Floor & Home. “And you’re not just limited to hard surface. There are carpet options that are green too.” At Carpet One Floor & Home, they indicate eco-friendly products with the Green Select label to make them easier for customers to find.
4. Often times a home project is so focused on what is new that the old is forgotten. Donating old furniture and making sure that construction materials are disposed of properly is a big part of a green remodel. Gently used furniture can be sold in a yard sale or donated to charity. Even carpet can often be reused or recycled - gently used carpet can be cleaned and donated and certain types of carpet can be recycled. It make take a little extra work to keep your old room out of the landfill, but donating and recycling as much as possible is important for green home project.
5. Green goes beyond the actual remodel or renovation. This is a great time to add features that will save energy for years to come. Installing ceiling fans during a renovation can cut down on energy use year round. Energy efficient appliances are an important feature to consider during kitchen upgrades. And, if exterior doors are part of the project, make sure they are energy efficient as well.
“I like to keep the environment in mind whenever possible,” says Steve Suraci from Icarus Designs. “Products with earth-friendly labels like Energy Star and Green Select make it easy to make the green choice.” Steve Suraci provides more green ideas in his video “Green Up Your Renovation”
Home renovation projects can be exciting and gratifying. Keeping the earth in mind will make the new space even more enjoyable for years to come.
For more ideas and information on green products mentioned in this article, please visit Carpet One Floor & Home’s Pinterest Board “Green Home”.
Tags See All Tags