- Buy Cheap Corel Motion Studio 3D
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 SP2 (32 bit)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography cheap oem
- Buy OEM Pitney Bowes MapInfo Professional 11.5
- Buy Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5 (en,fr,de,es,ca,cs,zh,hr,da,el,he,it,ja,ko,mk,hu,nl,no,fa,pl,pt,ru,sr,sl,fi,sv,th,tr)
- Buy Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3 MAC (en)
- Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Download Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Homepage Marquee with jQuery
- Discount - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
- Download Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2011
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (64-bit)
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Corel WordPerfect Office X4 Standard
- Buy OEM NewBlue Titler Pro
|Food for Thought Offers A Night of Roaring Reads|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Tuesday, 08 October 2013 12:58|
Rock Island, IL: The Rock Island Public Library Foundation will offer book-loving guests a tasty way to enjoy "A Night of Roaring Reads” with Food for Thought, a fundraising event from 5:00 pm. to 7:30 pm on Thursday, November 14 at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street, Rock Island.
A Night of Roaring Reads transforms the historic library into a jazz-age night spot for dining, socializing and bidding on books signed by best-selling authors. Admission includes food stations from guest chefs, complimentary beverages, and jazz music by Edgar Crockett & friends.
Guests also enjoy a private night at the library, with dining at six food stations, including selections from Martha Cleaveland of Blue Cat Brew Pub, Eudell Watts, III, of Eudell’s Specialty Foods,Chef Craig Joos of Rock Island Hy-Vee and Chef Kyle, of Doc’s Inn in Silvis. Complimentary beverages include wine tasting selections personally selected by Thad Miller, craft brew samples from Dan Cleaveland of the Blue Cat Brew Pub, soft drinks and coffee. A silent auction includes bidding on more than 30 signed books, as well as unique gift items and packages from local businesses.
The 9th annual fundraiser helps the Rock Island Public Library Foundation fulfill requests for special programs and projects that are outside the Rock Island Library’s normal operating budget. Foundation dollars support special purchases of materials and equipment as well as programs and beautification projects.
The Main Library will be open to Food for Thought guests only that night, with admission payable at the door by cash, check or credit. Guests who RSVP in advance receive preferred admission prices of $30 for one or $55 for two. Without an RSVP, admission is $35 at the door per person. RSVPS are requested by Nov. 6.
To accommodate the event, the Main Library will close at noon to the public on Nov. 14. The Rock Island 30/31 and Southwest Branches will be open until normal hours.
More information also available on the Support Your Library page at the library website, www.rockislandlibrary.org
Tags See All Tags