- 219.95$ Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2011 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (32 bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (32-bit)
- Download Eset Smart Security 6 (32-bit)
- 169.95$ Microsoft Office Professional 2013 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Japanese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- 379.95$ Solidworks 2013 Premium (32-bit) cheap oem
- Download Adobe Premiere Elements 8
- Buy Adobe Audition 3 (en)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 SP2 cheap oem
|Food for Thought Offers Tasty Ways to Support the Rock Island Library|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Monday, 01 October 2012 07:49|
The Rock Island Public Library Foundation will offer book-loving guests a tasty way to ‘eat, drink and support their library” with the 8th annual Food for Thought, a signature event from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 8 at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street.
The one-night only event transforms the historic library into a spot for dining, socializing and bidding on books signed by best-selling authors. Admission includes tastes of Rock Island from six guest chefs, wines poured by Thad Miller, wine and spirits manager at the Rock Island Hy-Vee and craft brew samples from Dan Cleaveland of the Blue Cat Brew Pub, and music by the BHC Jazz Combo and Lee Blackmon.
Food stations include selections prepared by Brad Scott and the Scott Community College Culinary Arts Academy, Martha Cleaveland of Blue Cat Brew Pub, Eudell Watts, III, of Eudell’s Specialty Foods, Chef Robert Lewis, “the happy diabetic,” Chef Craig Joos of the Rock Island Hy-Vee and Chef Kyle, of Doc’s Inn.
Guests can bid on more than 30 books signed by their authors, as well as other unique gift items, including a private home dinner party for four, baskets and packages from local businesses.
The 8th annual fundraiser helps the Rock Island Public Library Foundation fulfill requests for special programs and projects that are outside the Rock Island Library’s normal operating budget. Rock Island Library Foundation dollars support special purchases of materials, equipment, beautification projects and more.
The Main Library is open to Food for Thought guests only that night, with admission payable at the door by cash, check or credit. A new feature this year is preferred admission to reward those who RSVP. Admission with an RSVP is $30 for one person or $50 for two. Without an RSVP, admission is $35 at the door per person.
In order to prepare for the event, the Main Library will close at noon on Nov. 8. The Rock Island 30/31 and Southwest Branches will be open until normal hours.
To RSVP, please call Foundation secretary Amy Penry at 309-732-7302 by October 31. Donations to the 501c3 Rock Island Library Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.More information also available on the Support Your Library and News pages at www.rockislandlibrary.org
Tags See All Tags