- Buy Adobe Photoshop Top Secret (en)
- Buy Acronis True Image Home 2010 (en,fr,de,es)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2010 Standard with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- 269.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2013 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy ElcomSoft Advanced Disk Catalog 1.51 (en)
- Buy Techsmith Camtasia Studio 7 (en)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Pagemaker 7
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Essential Training
- Discount - Smith Micro PoserPro 2010 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
|Forget-Me-Not: Victorian Day at Oakdale Memorial Gardens|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Dustin Oliver|
|Tuesday, 06 August 2013 10:48|
Saturday, Sept. 14
Noon – 5:00 p.m. (with the last tour leaving at 3:00 p.m.)
Adults - $5
Children 12 and under – Free
Step into the past during Forget-Me-Not Victorian Day 2013 at Oakdale Memorial Gardens as we commemorate the Sesquicentennial of the Civil War.
This year’s Victorian Day will highlight those who fought in the Civil War or were deeply affected by the war. Take a stroll through the grounds of this magnificent garden cemetery and hear the stories of soldiers, sailors, freed slaves, musicians and more as told by Oakdale’s “residents” themselves.
Victorian Day will include:
• Guided tours
• First-hand accounts of the past as told by Oakdale “residents”
• Guest speaker Minda Powers-Douglas, author of “Cemetery Walk” and “Translating Tombstones”
• Representatives of various local historical societies
• One-man, one act play MR. U. S. GRANT: A MAN AND A PATRIOT by Dan Haughey at 4:00 p.m.
Victorian Day at Oakdale is a family-friendly event. All proceeds go to the Friends of Oakdale for grounds improvements, including more handicapped accessibility, gravestone resetting and clean-up, and the removal of tree stumps.
Guests are reminded to wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sunscreen. Parking is free.
There is no rain date; in case of light rain, call to verify if event will be held.
Established in 1857, Oakdale Memorial Gardens is a treasure trove of history and natural beauty. It is one of the Quad Cities’ oldest and most beautiful cemeteries, boasting century-old oak trees, gently rolling hills and knolls, and a reflecting pond near the cemetery entrance.
For more information about the event, contact Oakdale’s office manager Deb Williams.
Oakdale Memorial Gardens | 2501 Eastern Avenue | Davenport, IA 52803
From September 6 to 22, 2013, the Quad Cities hosts East West Riverfest, a community-wide, two-week celebration of the arts, culture and heritage thriving on this bend of the Mississippi River. Over 300 events will take place at almost 100 various theaters, music venues, galleries, historic sites, museums, parks, and attractions on both sides of the river in the Quad Cities. For more information, visit www.eastwestriverfest.com or the official Facebook page.
This event is endorsed by the State Historical Society of Iowa’s Iowa Civil War Sesquicentennial Committee. For more information on Iowa’s commemoration of the Sesquicentennial, visit www.iowahistory.org/museum/civil-war-150/index.html
Tags See All Tags