- Download Adobe Director 11.5
- Discount - OriginLab OriginPro 8
- Discount - ABest Video to MOV MPEG Converter
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Smoke 2013 MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Best Practices for Flash-based Banner Ads
- 59.95$ Adobe Prelude CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Microsoft Project Standard 2013 (en,ar,cs,da,de,el,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sv,tr,uk)
- Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
- Buy Cheap GibbsCAM 2014 32-bit
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard
- Buy Kolor Autopano Giga 3 MAC (en,de,fr,it,pt,es,ch,ja,tr)
|Free Family Day Saturday|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Thursday, 20 February 2014 08:44|
Davenport, Iowa (February 19, 2014) – Kids and adults alike can explore the world of art through video and glass during the Figge Art Museum’s Free Family Day on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sponsored by U.S. Bank, the museum’s studios, lobby, galleries and auditorium will be open for exploration.
Families will have the opportunity to engage in hands-on fun that directly relates to Kids Design Glass, Katja Loher: Videoplanet-Orchestra, Roman Glass Works and Landscape: Ingalena Klenell and Beth Lipman all currently on display.
The day’s activities will include an interactive installation explaining the history of glass, a special Kids Design Glass contest where children under the age of 12 are invited to draw a picture that could be selected to be turned into a glass sculpture, an opportunity to design a glass magnet, create a sun catcher and take part in a special project inspired by artist Katja Loher where families can produce the word Figge using their bodies to form letters.
The auditorium will feature short films about creating glass art that will be looped throughout the day. Stained glass artist and owner of The Glass Advocate, Eric Van Hese, will demonstrate the art of stained glass making in the lobby and Gallery Quest guides with extra family-friendly facts about each exhibition will be available to all.
In addition, the Quad City Audubon Society will have spotting scopes set up to enjoy eagle watching along the Mississippi River in the Wintergarden. Families may also enjoy $5 burger baskets in the Dining Room until 1:30 p.m.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags