- Buy OEM Chief Architect X2
- Buy Disk Drill Pro 1.8 MAC (en,pl,ru,es,sv,it,ja,de,fr)
- Download Maxon Cinema 4D R15 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (32bit)
- Buy OEM Parallels Desktop 9 MAC
- Buy OEM Corel Painter X3 MAC
- Download Adobe RoboHelp 10
- Buy OEM Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012
- Download Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Exposure (en)
- 9.95$ Macpaw MacHider Mac cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe CC Master Collection MAC (Full LifeTime License)
|FREE Family Fiesta Day at the Figge|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Wednesday, 30 October 2013 13:38|
Davenport, Iowa (October 30, 2013) – The Figge Art Museum is offering FREE admission all day on Saturdayfor Family Fiesta Day. Families are invited to celebrate El Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) by remembering their loved ones while exploring the altars and Catrinas on display and interacting in the galleries and studios.
The day’s activities begin at 10 a.m. and will include leaving a memory at the community altar, sketching a Catrina, making butterflies, paper marigolds, jointed skeleton figures and decorating traditional sugar skulls. A movie called “Food for the Ancestors” will be shown at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the John Deere auditorium and storytime will take place at noon. A 1 p.m. performance of traditional dances by Ballet Folklorico in the lobby will complete the festivities.
Guests can enjoy traditional treats including pan muerto, conchas, tamales, chips and salsa, spiced cocoa and other snacks throughout the day as well as a special photo op while sampling the food.
This is a companion event to the Day of the Dead exhibition which is a partnership with Casa Guanajuato Quad Cities and sponsored by the Brand Boeshaar Foundation Fund. The exhibition closes on Sunday.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags