- Buy Magix Samplitude 11 (en)
- Discount - Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business
- Buy Adobe FreeHand MX MAC (32-bit) (en,it,de,es)
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Intuit TurboTax 2009 Deluxe
- 129.95$ Autodesk Inventor Professional 2009 cheap oem
- Discount - ABest Video to RM RMVB WMV Converter
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 Essential Training (en)
- Discount - Acala DVD Zune Ripper
- Buy Cheap Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC
- Download Adobe Fireworks CS5
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2010 (32 bit)
- Download Autodesk AutoSketch 9
|FREE Family Fiesta Day at the Figge|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Wednesday, 30 October 2013 13:38|
Davenport, Iowa (October 30, 2013) – The Figge Art Museum is offering FREE admission all day on Saturdayfor Family Fiesta Day. Families are invited to celebrate El Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) by remembering their loved ones while exploring the altars and Catrinas on display and interacting in the galleries and studios.
The day’s activities begin at 10 a.m. and will include leaving a memory at the community altar, sketching a Catrina, making butterflies, paper marigolds, jointed skeleton figures and decorating traditional sugar skulls. A movie called “Food for the Ancestors” will be shown at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the John Deere auditorium and storytime will take place at noon. A 1 p.m. performance of traditional dances by Ballet Folklorico in the lobby will complete the festivities.
Guests can enjoy traditional treats including pan muerto, conchas, tamales, chips and salsa, spiced cocoa and other snacks throughout the day as well as a special photo op while sampling the food.
This is a companion event to the Day of the Dead exhibition which is a partnership with Casa Guanajuato Quad Cities and sponsored by the Brand Boeshaar Foundation Fund. The exhibition closes on Sunday.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags