- Download Sony Vegas Pro 8
- Buy Cheap Intuit Quicken 2009 Home & Business [Canada]
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection
- 69.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Efreesky MagicTweak 4.11
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS Fundamentals (en)
- Buy OEM Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows
- 69.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2 (32bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Electric Rain Swift 3d v6 MAC
- Buy Microsoft MapPoint 2010 North America (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Sketchbook Designer 2011
- Discount - Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 Enterprise Server
- Buy Cheap Alibre Design Expert 2012 (32-bit)
|Free Preview of The Old Creamery’s Theatre For Young Audiences 2011 School Tour!|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Shelley Oehler|
|Thursday, 10 February 2011 15:40|
The Old Creamery’s Theatre for Young Audiences kicks off the 2011 school tour with a free preview of What a Difference a Play Makes, Sunday, Feb. 20 at 1 p.m. on the Main Stage in Amana.
The Old Creamery offers this chance for the community to see What a Difference a Play Makes before it begins traveling to schools throughout Iowa with positive messages incorporated in a thoroughly entertaining show. Stories and songs in the show are based on materials submitted by children in grades 1 through 6 as part of the accompanying writing contest.
Although geared to school aged children, adults will find What a Difference a Play Makes just as much fun as the kids. “Always the highlight of our school year,” said a teacher from Horizon Elementary School of a previous school tour. “The kids and adults enjoy the performances equally.”
Sean McCall, artistic director at The Old Creamery Theatre said this year’s show will be highly theatrical while focusing on ways we all can make a difference in the lives of others and our planet. “Not only is it exciting to once again partner with Character Counts in Iowa to remind everyone that each one of us can make a real difference, but this particular show is going to be a delightful way to celebrate 40 years of The Old Creamery Theatre bringing its particular blend of entertainment and education to Iowa students and educators,” he said.
The cast consists of Tom Milligan and Deborah Kennedy of East Amana; Kamille Zbanek of Ely; Nicholas Hodge of South Amana, and T.J. Besler of Manchester. No reservations are needed for the free preview.
The Old Creamery is offering performances of What a Difference a Play Makes, to schools from Feb. 21 through May 13.
The Old Creamery Theatre Company is a not-for-profit professional theatre founded in 1971 in Garrison, Iowa. The company is celebrating 40 years of bringing live, professional theatre to the people of Iowa and the Midwest. We thank KGAN and Fox 28, our 2011 season media sponsor.
Tags See All Tags