- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Exposure
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- 149.95$ MathWorks MatLab R2009b (32-bit) cheap oem
- 199.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 SP2 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Photoshop Elements 7 All-in-One For Dummies
- 69.95$ Adobe Contribute CS5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (en,fr,pt,ja,ko,cs,da,nl,fi,de,hu,it,nb,pl,ro,ru,es,sv,uk,tr)
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CS5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- 79.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 MAC cheap oem
|Free Zumba Class to Heat up Figge Plaza|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Thursday, 30 August 2012 07:15|
Davenport, IOWA (August 2012) The Figge Art Museum is please to announces a free evening of Zumba Fitness on the Figge plaza on Thursday, September 6. The Zumba Fitness class will be lead by Salsa Touch instructor Bettinna Bolger as part of the Figge’s ongoing Thursdays at the Figge series. Zumba Fitness combines Latin and International music with a fun and effective workout system. The class is free to the public and runs from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
This new program is offered in conjunction the Figge’s participation in the Let's Move! Museums & Gardens initiative launched by the First Lady Michelle Obama. Let’s Move! is a comprehensive initiative dedicated to solving the problem of obesity within a generation, so that children born today will grow up healthier and able to pursue their dreams.
“Zumba Fitness is a great way for the Figge to support First Lady Obama’s initiative, Let’s Move! Museums & Gardens, which helps educate children and families about health and wellness,” said Melissa Hueting, interim director of education at the Figge. “We look forward to adapting existing programs and developing new ones to demonstrate our commitment to this initiative.”
After the Zumba dance party, participants are invited to take part in the 7pm NASA/ART Talk and Demo “Aeronautics and Aerodynamics” and “Robotics 101”. The Talk and Demo are free with membership or paid admission.
Thursdays at the Figge is offered every Thursday from 5 to 9pm. Museum visitors are invited to explore the galleries, attend art talks, take part in guided museum activities, and enjoy dinner and drinks in the Figge Café.
To learn more about Let's Move! Museums & Gardens visit, http://www.imls.gov/about/
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9pm. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags