- Download Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced MAC
- Buy OEM Kigo M4V Converter MAC
- Discount - Microsoft AutoRoute 2011 Europe
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - iOS 4 App Development New Features cheap oem
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap BeLight Software Art Text 2 MAC
- Buy Adobe InCopy CS6 (en,ko,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,no,nl,pt,fi,sv,hu,pl,tr,cs)
- Buy ABest Video to iPhone 3GP SWF Converter (en)
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- 29.95$ FotoSlate 4 Photo Print Studio cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Muse Essential Training
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (32-bit)
|French-inspired Nouveau wine tradition becomes a 28-year tradition in Galena, Illinois|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Janelle Keeffer|
|Monday, 01 October 2012 13:12|
GALENA, Ill. – “Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrivé!” Simply translated, “Wine lovers: get ready, get set, go!” The third Thursday of November marks the annual release of Beaujolais Nouveau and the opportunity to be among the first to sample the new, shortly fermented wine, previewing the current year’s fall harvest.
In France, this tradition began more than a century ago. In Galena, Illinois, it kicked off at the hands of Galena Cellars Vineyard & Winery in 1985. Today, it’s grown to be a full-blown community celebration inviting epicureans of all levels to enjoy all things wine.
The weekend officially kicks off at noon on Friday, November 16 with traditional French stew and wine-inspired lunches at many area restaurants. At 2:30 pm, the familiar “clip clop” of horse hooves will be heard throughout Galena’s downtown. On board the horse-drawn wagons sporting revelers is a celebrated guest that will have the entire town in merriment all weekend—Galena Cellars’ 2012 Nouveau wine. The specially commissioned Nouveau wine label and collector’s poster by Galena artist Dwight Walles will also be unveiled.
Local restaurants continue the celebration with live music, wine tasting, dinner specials and receptions. Throughout the weekend, wine lovers can also enjoy vineyard tours (Galena boasts three area vineyards open to the public), winemaker dinners, wine-inspired pampering such as spa and shopping specials and lodging packages.
Raise your glass, and let the adventure begin! A complete list of weekend happenings is available online at www.nouveauweekend.com. Additional area offerings and visitor information may be found at the Galena/Jo Daviess County Convention and Visitors Bureau at www.galena.org or by calling 877.464.2536. While in town, visit the CVB’s Old Train Depot Visitor Information Center at 101 Bouthillier St. (corner of Park Avenue) in Galena for on-site assistance and countywide information.# # #
Tags See All Tags