- Buy Cheap Sony Vegas Pro 8
- 99.95$ Adobe FreeHand MX cheap oem
- Buy OEM Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5
- Buy Cheap Nikon Capture NX 2.4.5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft MapPoint 2010 Europe
- 299.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Project 2010: The Missing Manual
- Buy Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007 (en)
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax Premier 2008
- Buy Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 (en)
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2012 (64-bit) (en,ja)
- Download Adobe Flash CS4 Professional
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012
|Fundraiser to Fight Huntington’s disease.|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Karen Brown|
|Tuesday, 19 March 2013 10:41|
Cedar Rapids, IA – The HDSA Iowa Chapter will host a Hoop a Thon on Saturday, April 6, 2013, 1 – 4 p.m. at the Cedar Rapids YMCA. This event will raise funds to support Huntington’s disease (HD) research and provide support and care for HD patients and their families. Staff from the HD Center of Excellence at the University of Iowa will be on hand to visit with anyone interested, as well and the HDSA Iowa Board of Directors.
The Hoop-A-Thon is centered on a free-throw shooting contest. Fundraisers stand at the free-throw line and make as many shots as they can in 5 minutes, individually or in teams of 5. Prizes will be awarded as well as a nice prize for the top fundraiser! There will also be a silent auction featuring items donated by local businesses, concessions and a jump house for the kids! It’s a fun time for the entire family!
Huntington’s disease is a devastating, hereditary, degenerative brain disorder for which there is, at present, no effective treatment or cure. HD slowly diminishes the affected individual’s ability to walk, think, talk and reason. Eventually, the person with HD becomes totally dependent upon others for his or her care. Huntington’s disease profoundly affects the lives of entire families – emotionally, socially and economically.
The HDSA, a national non-profit health agency, promotes and supports research to find a cure for HD and provides vital support, information and educational services to improve the lives of those affected by HD. The HDSA also funds 21 Centers of Excellence throughout the United States. The funds raised in Iowa, will have a profound impact for the HDSA Center of Excellence at the University Of Iowa Carver College Of Medicine. The Iowa COE is one of the top HD centers in the country.
You won’t want to miss this fun family event and also have the opportunity to help with this very worthwhile organization!
Tags See All Tags