- 149.95$ Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
- Buy Punch! Home Design Studio Pro 12 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual
- Download Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: Camera Raw 6
- 149.95$ Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway Enterprise Edition 2010 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate (en)
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Buy Runtime Revolution Enterprise 2.9 (en)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC
- Discount - Acala DVD Copy
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
- Download Eset Smart Security 5 (64-bit)
|Fundraiser to Fight Huntington’s disease.|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Karen Brown|
|Tuesday, 19 March 2013 10:41|
Cedar Rapids, IA – The HDSA Iowa Chapter will host a Hoop a Thon on Saturday, April 6, 2013, 1 – 4 p.m. at the Cedar Rapids YMCA. This event will raise funds to support Huntington’s disease (HD) research and provide support and care for HD patients and their families. Staff from the HD Center of Excellence at the University of Iowa will be on hand to visit with anyone interested, as well and the HDSA Iowa Board of Directors.
The Hoop-A-Thon is centered on a free-throw shooting contest. Fundraisers stand at the free-throw line and make as many shots as they can in 5 minutes, individually or in teams of 5. Prizes will be awarded as well as a nice prize for the top fundraiser! There will also be a silent auction featuring items donated by local businesses, concessions and a jump house for the kids! It’s a fun time for the entire family!
Huntington’s disease is a devastating, hereditary, degenerative brain disorder for which there is, at present, no effective treatment or cure. HD slowly diminishes the affected individual’s ability to walk, think, talk and reason. Eventually, the person with HD becomes totally dependent upon others for his or her care. Huntington’s disease profoundly affects the lives of entire families – emotionally, socially and economically.
The HDSA, a national non-profit health agency, promotes and supports research to find a cure for HD and provides vital support, information and educational services to improve the lives of those affected by HD. The HDSA also funds 21 Centers of Excellence throughout the United States. The funds raised in Iowa, will have a profound impact for the HDSA Center of Excellence at the University Of Iowa Carver College Of Medicine. The Iowa COE is one of the top HD centers in the country.
You won’t want to miss this fun family event and also have the opportunity to help with this very worthwhile organization!
Tags See All Tags