- 379.95$ Solidworks 2013 Premium (32-bit) cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Office OneNote 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- 99.95$ Frischluft Lenscare for AE and PrPro cheap oem
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 MAC
- Discount - Alien Skin Blow Up 3
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Buy DeskShare VideoEditMagic 4.3 (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Nero 10 Burning ROM
- Buy Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer Edition (en)
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to MOV MPEG Converter
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Improving SEO Using Accessibility Techniques
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 3 MAC
|Funeral Programs with an Iowa Connection|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ricki King|
|Monday, 17 February 2014 15:06|
In Living Memory and the Iowa Genealogical Society team to preserve valuable ancestral information before it’s lost forever. Funeral Program and Memorial Card Collection Drive will be held Thursday, Des Moines, Iowa, February 17, 2014: When you attend a funeral, have you ever thought, “What do I do with the funeral program or memorial card now?” Or have you ever cleaned out someone’s home after they have died and found funeral programs and/or memorial cards and wondered what to do with them?
You recognize they are valuable keepsakes so you store them in a drawer or box, but then what? Those programs, cards and obits will often be the only information that is left of those individuals, but only if it is preserved.
This is where In Living Memory and the Iowa Genealogical Society can help. We are asking you to donate the funeral programs, memorial cards, and even obituaries to us. We want to preserve the memory of the deceased as well as the family history for future generations.
If you wish to donate programs, cards and obits please drop them off at the Iowa Genealogical Society on Thursday, February 27 from 10am to 9pm or on Saturday, March 1 from 10am to 4pm. If you prefer to keep your originals, there will be staff on hand during the drive to scan your items.
Funeral programs and/or memorial cards are accepted year round. If you are unable to make your donation during the drive dates, you may drop off your items during normal business hours. You may also mail them to Iowa Genealogical Society.
In Living Memory, (www.inlivingmemory.org) and the Iowa Genealogical Society (www.iowagenealogy.org) are collaborating to collect funeral programs and memorial cards from across Iowa. In Living Memory is dedicated to preserving African-American history in Iowa. We accept information for all ethnicities, but want to build up the information we have on African-Americans and other minorities. Iowa Genealogical Society‘s mission is to create and foster an interest in genealogy and to aid others in researching their family history.
Drop-off location: Iowa Genealogical Society
February 27, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, March 1, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
628 East Grand Ave
Des Moines, IA 50309
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
Tags See All Tags