- Buy Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway Enterprise Edition 2010 (64-bit) (en)
- Discount - VMware Workstation 7
- Download Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012
- 199.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2015 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Acala DivX to iPod
- Buy Cheap ABest MOV Video Converter
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 29.95$ Microsoft Office OneNote 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - CSS Animations cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- 289.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Expression Web 2
- Buy Cheap Nikon Capture NX 2 MAC
|Funktion plays free show at Rock Island, March 22, in support of "Step Into It" album|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Wide Awake Publicity|
|Monday, 19 March 2012 14:48|
Rock Island Brewing Company (RIBCO) (1815 Second Ave., Rock Island, IL)
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Funktion takes kinetic live performances, 'fireball of funk' on the road across country
Seven-member band Funktion is a funk-making machine. The band’s kinetic live performances are fueled by a densely layered, harmonic funk-rock music with an upbeat, dance-inducing rhythmic groove including hints of hip-hop and jazz. No form of the funk genre is off limits, whether it’s a smooth R&B vibe, cool island dub rhythms, rowdy hip-hop or its own unique, unhinged, guitar-fueled fireball of funk.
When it comes right down to it, however, the band’s multifaceted sounds are simply dance music. The band’s main intention is to get people up and grooving on the dance floor.
The band’s sound includes smooth brass grooves with percussive vocals and hip-hop themes intertwined with retro funk bass lines, but it’s energy and vibe also create a type of venue-wide positive energy. Funktion members say there's also positive energy when they are just hanging out or on the road and it translates on stage through the music straight to the audience.
Funktion’s music, groove and vibe is ultimately shaped by all the musical elements that influences its members. These influences include the great funk and groove artists from the past and present including everyone from James Brown, Parliament, Herbie Hancock and Sly and the Family Stone to The Roots, Maceo Parker, 311 and Soulive.
“We've got seven guys whose passion is to play music,” percussionist Jeremy Reisig said. “The reason we want to get it out there at a high level is that we love playing music with each other. We love messing around and we love that energy on stage."
The act, in May 2011, released its “Step Into It” album to high acclaim. It features the band at its best in the studio and features several special guests on horns and vocals. Ultimately, however, the band must be seen live to fully understand its impact and talent for extended cross-genre improvisations.
Andrew Schrock (Lead Vocals)
Terrence Massey (Trumpet, Vocals)
Hugh Little (Keyboards, Vocals)
Nate Heymoss (Guitar)
Neal Conway (Bass)
Sean Reisig (Drums)
Jeremy Reisig (Percussion, Flows)
Tags See All Tags