- Buy ElcomSoft Advanced ARJ Password Recovery 2.0 (en)
- Discount - Smith Micro Poser Pro 2014 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy Roxio Creator 2010 Pro (en)
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012
- 299.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2013 Europe
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Node.js First Look
- Discount - Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Chief Architect Premier X6
- 149.95$ Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training cheap oem
|Galena Cellars Vineyard hosts 3rd Annual Fall Harvest & Art Festival|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Janelle Keeffer|
|Wednesday, 08 August 2012 14:50|
September 29 & 30 event features dancing, grape stomping and local artists in action
GALENA, Ill. – Celebrating the fruits of their labor, Galena Cellars Vineyard & Winery and the Galena Cultural Arts Alliance are busy preparing for their upcoming Fall Harvest & Art Festival. The third annual two-day event will take place at Galena Cellars Vineyard, 4746 N. Ford Rd., Galena on Saturday and Sunday, September 29 and 30, with activities spanning from noon until 6 p.m. both days.
Nestled in the vineyard clearing will be tents of area artists, each demonstrating their talents. Artist wares will range from watercolors to pottery, textile arts to gourd art and baskets. “We think this partnership will create a great weekend for everyone. Our artists participate in our shop ‘Hello Galena!’, as well as in galleries, museums and art fairs throughout the year, but to be able to exhibit and sell in such a beautiful setting is a real treat,” said Toni Klingler, manager of Hello Galena! artist co-op in Galena.
“In addition to showcasing the amazing work of our local artists, we have a full weekend of fun for the entire family: pumpkin painting (with volunteers from the Galena Art & Recreation Center), horse-drawn wagon rides and grape stomping,” said Rob Steger, events manager for Galena Cellars.
Three-headed Monster Catering will offer their delicious barbequed sandwiches. And, of course, there is always the opportunity to sample wine, explore “tasting” through all of your senses and tour the vineyard.
Visitors are also invited to “kick up their heels and have a little fun” as the vineyard barrel room comes to life with music – rags, waltzes and hoe downs – with more local talent, the Fever River String Band on Saturday afternoon. Jordan Danielson performs Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m.
Admission to the event is free. Vineyard tours are $5 each and include a wine appreciation overview. Galena Cellars will also be offering wine tasting and a keepsake glass for an additional fee.
For further event information, visit www.galenacellars.com/harvest.
Sandra Principe paints at Galena Cellars’ Fall Harvest & Art Festival. Last year, a variety of art was offered for sale as attendees enjoyed a beautiful fall day at the vineyard. Photo courtesy of John Gallegos.# # #
Tags See All Tags