- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Polish (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery MAC (en)
- Download Microsoft Word 2013
- Buy Cheap GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 (32-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (64-bit) (de,en,es,it)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy OEM The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 One On One: Fundamentals
- Buy Boris Red 5 (64-bit) (en)
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011
|Gene and Shirley Newell Inducted into Iowa 4-H Hall of Fame|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Monday, 29 August 2011 09:09|
Gene and Shirley Newell of Scott Coounty have been inducted into the 2011 Iowa 4-H Hall of Fame during a ceremony at the 4-H Exhibits Building at the Iowa State Fair on Sunday, Aug. 21.
Eighty-eight Iowa counties are participating this year and have selected 121 inductees for their outstanding service and dedication to 4-H. Inductees or their surviving family members will be presented a certificate by the Iowa 4-H Foundation as they are introduced on stage.
Gene and Shirley Newell feel 4-H is an educational experience no one should miss! Their lives have been involved with Extension and they value the influences it has had in their lives and the lives of their children. Skills learned in 4-H enabled their 3 children to find fun filled careers. Projects such as dairy and public speaking taught responsibility and leadership. Shirley has been an advocate for 4-H for 32 years on the fair board for the Mississippi Valley Fair with Gene assisting as a 4-H supervisor at the fair. They have been generous donors to the Iowa 4-H Foundation and Scott County 4-H. Their perseverance and enthusiasm has been an asset to generations of 4-H members and Extension staff.
Counties select inductees for their exceptional work in contributing to the lives of 4-H members and the overall 4-H program, said Becky Bray ISU Extension Director. Many inductees served as club leaders, youth mentors, fair superintendents or fair board members, Iowa State University Extension county council members, county youth council members, fair judges, financial supporters, chaperones or ISU Extension staff members. The inductees have demonstrated dedication, encouragement, commitment and guidance to Iowa’s 4-H’ers through the years.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for the counties and state to recognize and celebrate 4-H volunteers and staff who have shown outstanding service and dedication to Iowa’s 4-H program,” said Chuck Morris, director of ISU Extension 4-H Youth Development.
The Iowa 4-H Hall of Fame was initiated in 2002 to help commemorate the 100th anniversary of 4-H. Information about previous inductees will be available at the 2011 Iowa State Fair in the 4-H Exhibits Building. Information about previous inductees also is available on the Iowa 4-H Foundation website, organized by year and by county. Go to http://www.iowa4hfoundation.org/ and select “Recognition.”
Tags See All Tags