- 9.95$ VMware Fusion 3 MAC cheap oem
- Download Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (64-bit)
- Download Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Professional MAC
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning OS X Mountain Lion Server MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2012 (64-bit)
- Buy BeLight Software Labels & Addresses MAC (en,fr,de,es)
- Discount - Algolab Photo Vector 1.98
- Buy Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word (en)
- 249.95$ Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 cheap oem
- Download Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy OriginLab OriginPro 8 (en,de)
- Buy Excel 2007 Dashboards and Reports For Dummies (en)
|‘Generation Iron’ in Theaters September 20th|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Friday, 13 September 2013 15:08|
Film’s Writer-Producer Explodes 4 Myths About Bodybuilding
Myths abound about the subculture of bodybuilding, a sport that took off with the explosion of the health-and-fitness industry in the 1970s.
Back then, the public knew even less about these extreme and dedicated athletes until the release of a breakthrough docudrama in 1977, “Pumping Iron,” produced by Jerome Gary and featuring a champion named Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The film has long fascinated Vlad Yudin, writer, director, producer and principal of The Vladar Co. He has been busy on multiple film projects this year, but right now his focus is the Sept. 20 release of “Generation Iron,” created with “Pumping Iron” producer Gary and narrated by Mickey Rourke. (Visit www.generation-iron.com to watch the trailer and get showtimes.)
Yudin spent months with the seven bodybuilders featured in the docudrama as they prepared for the Mr. Olympiad contest. He says he came away with an appreciation of how little the public still knows about the sport and the athletes who so compulsively pursue physical perfection. For one, many people believe bodybuilding is about size – not true.
“It’s about developing symmetry,” he says.
Here are four myths he says are rampant in literature about bodybuilders, and why they’re not true.
“Branch Warren is a devoted family man who brings his daughter to competitions,” Yudin says. “In the film, you see him carrying his daughter through the back stage.”
About Vlad Yudin: Vlad Yudin is the principal of The Vladar Company, a media and entertainment production company. IMDb Profile: www.imdb.com/name/nm2852166
Tags See All Tags