- 19.95$ Slysoft AnyDVD 6 cheap oem
- Buy Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 (en,es,de,fr,ja)
- Download Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Buy ModelRight Professional 3.0 (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2009
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Professional CS5
- Buy Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server (en,ja,fr,de,es,it,pt,ne,sv,nb,da,fi,pl,ko,zh,cs,hu,tr)
- Download Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2014 Premium (64-bit)
|German American Heritage Center Sunday, July 24 2:00 p.m.|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by German American Heritage Center|
|Tuesday, 05 July 2011 14:54|
"Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin and His Airships"
Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin first came to the US in l863, sent as a war observer of the Northern armies by the King of Baden. He received a permit to pass into the battlefields from President Lincoln after being recommended by then-general Carl Schurz. In a few months he was to leave the war zone, explore the American frontier and experience his first balloon. Up, up and away to a new career and a new world!A lecture will be presented Sunday, July 24 at 2:00 by Werner Zarnikow, a GAHC member and frequent volunteer in our archives where he provides language translation assistance.
He has been fascinated by Zeppelin's career since the latter's flight over Davenport when Zarnikow was a young lad. His collection of Zeppelin memorabilia will be on display on the 4th floor of GAHC during July.This presentation will also feature a popular song from Zeppelin's peak career years "Come Take a Trip in My Airship," sung by Barbara Kuttler and accompanied by Mark Prebyl on a vintage German piano.
Tags See All Tags