- Download Altova SchemaAgent 2009
- Buy Aquafadas Pulp Motion Advanced 3 MAC (en)
- Download GibbsCAM 2014 64-bit
- Download Lynda.com - Wedding Photography for Everyone: Bridal Portraits
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA
- Buy The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers (en)
- 29.95$ VMware Fusion 5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
- Download Apple Mac Box Set
- Discount - Microsoft Office Access 2007
- 19.95$ Symantec Norton Ghost™ 15.0 cheap oem
|Getting Along: Taming the TV|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Thursday, 28 July 2011 12:26|
Parents can limit the negative effects of TV violence
Who is watching?
Use your child's age and development to guide you in choosing TV programs.
Preschoolers have longer attention spans and are able to watch short programs. However, they often are not able to understand the whole story of a program. They can remember only small pieces of what they see and often cannot tie everything together.
School-age children understand much more than preschoolers; however, they often misinterpret what they see. School-agers can distinguish between reality and fantasy portrayed by live actors versus cartoons, but may have difficulty interpreting more subtle messages.
Contact Information:Lesia Oesterreich Family Life Extension Specialist Human Development & Family Studies Iowa State University Phone: (515) 294-0363
Tags See All Tags