- Buy Boris Blue 2.0.1 (en)
- Buy The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers (en)
- Download QuarkXPress 7.3 Passport
- Discount - Nuance PaperPort Professional 11.1
- Discount - Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009
- Buy OEM Jaksta MAC
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2012 (32-bit) (en,ja)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012
- 29.95$ Nik Software HDR Efex Pro cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat X Pro
- Buy Lynda.com - Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO (en)
- Buy Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 SP2 (en,fr,ja,it,da,es,nl,de)
- Download Altova SemanticWorks 2009
|Girl Scouts celebrates 100th with council-wide alumnae celebration|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Ann McGlynn|
|Tuesday, 17 April 2012 12:48|
Celebration of the Century
Event will include Juliette Gordon Low biographer, archives and memories
The Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois invites all alumnae and anyone interested in Girl Scout history to its Celebration of the Century, an event in honor of the 100 th anniversary, on Saturday, April 28.
The council-wide alumnae gathering and archives display will be from 2-5:30 p.m. at the Coralville Marriott Hotel and Convention Center, 300 E. 9th St., Coralville.
Remember your old uniform? What was your favorite badge, skit or song? What was your most memorable camp experience? Did you travel overseas with your troop? How did Girl Scouts affect your life?
“Come and talk with your fellow Girl Scout alumnae – tell stories, laugh and remember the experiences that taught the leadership skills that last a lifetime,” said Kim Hull, a Girl Scout alum and council staff member. “We also will have pictures, books, uniforms and countless other things from the past on display.”
The featured speaker will be Stacy Cordery, critically acclaimed biographer of Girl Scout founder Juliette Gordon Low. Cordery will speak at 3:30 p.m. A historical skit will be performed at 4:30 p.m.
The event is free. No RSVP is required. Refreshments, including Girl Scout cookies, will be served.
The day also includes the council’s annual meeting and volunteer recognition, beginning with a social hour at 5 p.m.
The council will recognize dozens of volunteers who devote countless hours to building girls of courage, confidence and character. Eight girls will be honored for achieving excellence, as well.
The keynote speaker for the evening is Pegine Echevarria, a former Bronx girl gang member turned Girl Scout. Cost for the evening event is $15. Tickets are available by calling 800-798-0833 by April 18.
To learn more about the Celebration of the Century, visit www.GirlScoutsToday.org or call 800-798-0833.
Tags See All Tags