- Download Nuance PDF Converter Professional 7
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Excel 2013 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training
- 259.95$ Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Viveza 2 MAC
- 69.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 cheap oem
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Project 2010 For Dummies
- Buy Cheap FileMaker Server 11 Advanced
- Discount - Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Advanced
- Discount - Autodesk Mudbox 2014 MAC
- Discount - ABest Video to RM RMVB MPEG Converter
|Girl Scouts Workshops offered at Figge|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Tuesday, 20 September 2011 11:51|
Art workshops earn Area Girl Scouts New Patch
Davenport, Iowa - September 2011 – In collaboration with the Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois, the Figge is hosting several art workshops and introducing a new FUN patch for area Girl Scouts. The FUN patch program was designed as an alternative to the longer badge programs currently available through the Figge. “We worked with the Girl Scout leadership experience coordinator to revamp the long badge programs,” said Lynn Gingras-Taylor, Creative Arts Coordinator at the Figge.
Girl Scouts earn badges by participating in events that can sometimes last up to four hours. The FUN patch workshops are just two hours, with the first half hour spent on a docent-led tour of the museum’s permanent collections. Tours are highlighted by art works that relate to the workshop’s accompanying activity. There are four FUN patch workshops currently available, one each for Daisy Scout, Brownie, Junior and Cadette/Senior/Ambassador levels. Each workshop has a unique focus with studio activities that enhance and support the workshop theme.
In addition to the FUN patch workshops, the Figge offers longer workshops that Girl Scouts can participate in for badges. These workshops are 90 minutes to 3 hours long depending on the ages of the Girl Scouts and can be arranged at anytime throughout the year. “Art helps you look at the world in a new way, it let’s your mind breathe, “ said Gingras-Taylor, underscoring the importance of the Girl Scouts programs at the Figge.
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in Downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Sunday’s noon to 5 p.m. and Thursdays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563-326-7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.-end-
Tags See All Tags