- 69.95$ Fidelity Media MegaSeg Pro 5 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Framemaker 9
- Buy OEM Siemens Solid Edge ST4 (64 bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Fundamentals (en)
- Buy Cheap Alien Skin Exposure 5
- Buy Intuit Quicken 2010 Home & Business (en)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Muse Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Altova SchemaAgent 2009
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition (en,ja)
- Download GRAHL PDF Annotator 3
|Girl Scouts Workshops offered at Figge|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Tuesday, 20 September 2011 11:51|
Art workshops earn Area Girl Scouts New Patch
Davenport, Iowa - September 2011 – In collaboration with the Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois, the Figge is hosting several art workshops and introducing a new FUN patch for area Girl Scouts. The FUN patch program was designed as an alternative to the longer badge programs currently available through the Figge. “We worked with the Girl Scout leadership experience coordinator to revamp the long badge programs,” said Lynn Gingras-Taylor, Creative Arts Coordinator at the Figge.
Girl Scouts earn badges by participating in events that can sometimes last up to four hours. The FUN patch workshops are just two hours, with the first half hour spent on a docent-led tour of the museum’s permanent collections. Tours are highlighted by art works that relate to the workshop’s accompanying activity. There are four FUN patch workshops currently available, one each for Daisy Scout, Brownie, Junior and Cadette/Senior/Ambassador levels. Each workshop has a unique focus with studio activities that enhance and support the workshop theme.
In addition to the FUN patch workshops, the Figge offers longer workshops that Girl Scouts can participate in for badges. These workshops are 90 minutes to 3 hours long depending on the ages of the Girl Scouts and can be arranged at anytime throughout the year. “Art helps you look at the world in a new way, it let’s your mind breathe, “ said Gingras-Taylor, underscoring the importance of the Girl Scouts programs at the Figge.
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in Downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Sunday’s noon to 5 p.m. and Thursdays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563-326-7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.-end-
Tags See All Tags