- Discount - Zend Studio Pro 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS5.5 Extended MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS5.5
- Buy Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate (en,ru,hu,nl,da,es,it,zh,ko,de,nb,pl,pt,fi,fr,cs,sv,ja)
- Download Lynda.com - ASP.NET Essential Training
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit) (en)
- Download Maplesoft Maple 14 MAC
- Download Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Sony ACID Pro 7
- Buy Brainjuice Blogo MAC (en)
- Buy Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 (en)
- 29.95$ Telestream ScreenFlow 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2009
|Girls explore forms of popular media in program|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Chuck Gysi|
|Friday, 18 February 2011 11:45|
DUBUQUE, Iowa – gIRLs In Real Life, a program that allows girls to explore various forms of popular media, will be held March 5.
The event is sponsored by Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois and is funded through a grant by Mediacom.
The Women in the Arts program is open to girls in grades 3-5 and will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 5 at Washington Middle School, 51 N. Grandview Ave., Dubuque. Cost of the program is $8 for Girl Scouts and $15 for other girls, which includes a Girl Scout membership fee for the 2011 membership year. Adults may attend for $3. All fees include lunch.
During the session, girls will participate in hands-on activities using various forms of popular media, including photography and video, to learn positive self-esteem using activities from the Dove Real Beauty Workshop for Girls. Girls also will have the chance to discuss how media images of girls may not be like girls in real life.
Girls attending gIRLs In Real Life also will have the opportunity to express themselves through different media to create positive images and videos of girls that will be shared with others.
Tags See All Tags