- Discount - ARTS PDF Aerialist Professional
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit) cheap oem
- Buy Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9 (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Element 3D Essential Training
- Buy OEM Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9
- Buy Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 (en,fr,es,de,it,nl,pt,ja,sv,fi,no,da,zh,ko,cs,ru,tr,pl,ro,hu,uk,ar,he,el)
- Buy OEM IMSI TurboCAD Mac Designer v5
- Discount - FontLab Fontographer 5 MAC
- Buy Cheap How to do everything. Adobe InDesign CS4
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand
- 79.95$ Corel WordPerfect Office X6 Standard Edition cheap oem
- Buy OEM Photoshop For Right-Brainers
- 149.95$ Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard cheap oem
|Governor Branstad, Lt. Governor Reynolds urge Iowans to prepare during Family Preparedness Month|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Office of Governor Terry Branstad|
|Thursday, 13 September 2012 07:59|
(DES MOINES) – On the 11-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the United States, Governor Terry E. Branstad and Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds are reminding Iowans of the importance of being prepared for emergencies and disasters.
“The anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks is an opportunity to encourage Iowans to take steps now to prepare themselves, their families and their communities for any emergency,” said Branstad.
Governor Branstad has proclaimed September as Family Preparedness Month in Iowa. Preparedness Month was created in response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in an effort to educate the public on how to prepare for emergencies.
The Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management Division (HSEMD), Safeguard Iowa Partnership (SIP) and Iowa Emergency Management Association (IEMA) are partnering to encourage Iowans to take a Pledge to Prepare by taking just one simple step to be more prepared for emergencies. The pledge can be found at www.beready.iowa.gov, www.safeguardiowa.org or www.iowaema.com.
“We hope that taking the Pledge to Prepare will encourage Iowans to think about what they will need to do if they are in an emergency situation,” said Reynolds.
In addition to the evident benefits of being better prepared, those who take the pledge may be eligible to win prizes by entering the Pledge to Prepare contest. Individuals, families and groups are invited to record and submit a video showing how they are taking the pledge. Videos must be submitted by Sept. 20. HSEMD, SIP and IEMA will choose the top five videos and ask the public to select their favorite in an online vote Sept. 24-28.
Iowans who don’t submit a video may still enter their Pledge to Prepare in a random drawing. Pledges may be submitted online or via FAX through Sept. 30. Winners for the contest and drawing will be announced Oct. 1. Target has joined HSEMD, SIP and IEMA in this effort and will provide gift cards and a NOAA weather radio as prizes for the contest and drawing. SIP is also providing emergency preparedness kits to contest and drawing winners.
Tags See All Tags