- Download Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (32-bit)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection MAC
- Discount - Nero 7 Vision Xtra
- Buy I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC (en)
- 9.95$ The Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers cheap oem
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Microsoft Expression Web 2 (en)
- Download Autodesk AutoSketch 9
- Download Cyberlink DVD Suite 5 Pro
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32 bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Apple Aperture 3 MAC
|Governor Quinn Announces $30.5 Million for Community Health Centers Throughout Illinois|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Katelyn Tye|
|Thursday, 01 September 2011 07:57|
Capital Funds Will Help Improve Health Care Access in Underserved Communities, Create Jobs
CHICAGO – August 31, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn today announced $30.5 million from the capital program to build and renovate 14 community health centers throughout Illinois. The Illinois Jobs Now! funding will help the state to improve health outcomes for medically underserved Illinoisans, reduce health care spending and save taxpayers money. The projects are expected to create around 215 jobs.
“These capital funds are critical in helping us increase community-based health care,” Governor Quinn said. “We are investing in the health and wellness of the people of Illinois, and these community health centers reflect the emphasis I have placed on helping people get the care they need as close to where they live and work as possible.”
The Community Health Center Construction Act, sponsored by Sen. James F. Clayborne Jr. (D-Belleville) and Rep. Sara Feigenholtz (D-Chicago), was signed into law by Governor Quinn in 2009. The Act enables communities to renovate dilapidated buildings, convert vacant commercial space, construct new health center sites, and provide equipment for additional health services such as OB/GYN and dental.
Funding for the projects are included in Governor Quinn’s Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, and will be administered through the state’s Capital Development Board. In addition to providing needed health care facilities, the projects are expected to create about 215 construction jobs.
The 14 community health centers receiving grants include:
Community health centers are nonprofit entities created by Congress to meet the health care needs of underserved communities and high-risk patients. These centers fill a void by providing care for those who often are not served by other providers, including individuals who are low-income, the uninsured or homeless, or people with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse problems or special medical needs.
Tags See All Tags