- Buy Cheap BeLight Software Printfolio MAC
- 149.95$ Adobe InDesign CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy OEM CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0
- Download Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Buy Cheap Red Giant Shooter Suite 12
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit)
- 79.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended cheap oem
- Download LATENITESOFT Xslimmer MAC
- Buy Infinite Skills - OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Training (en)
- 199.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Standard cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Adobe SpeedGrade CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it)
|Governor Quinn Announces More Than $623 Million in Capital Funds to Improve Schools Across Illinois|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Nafia Khan|
|Tuesday, 21 February 2012 08:57|
Funding Will Repair, Update and Build Schools to Serve Students
HAZEL CREST – February 16, 2012. Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Illinois school districts statewide will receive a total of more than $623 million from Illinois Jobs Now! to construct new buildings or expand, repair and update existing ones. This capital funding will provide needed classroom space, while supporting an estimated 4,000 construction jobs throughout the state.
“In order for our students to compete for the jobs of tomorrow, we must ensure they are receiving a quality education in quality school facilities,” Governor Quinn said. “This capital funding will help school districts across the state update their facilities and make critical repairs to improve the educational experience for our students,”
Thirty-one districts statewide were approved for the state funding this fiscal year after their projects were certified by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and the Illinois Capital Development Board (CDB).
The funding will allow districts to build new schools, add new classrooms, and make renovations to aging buildings. Other improvements will include renovations to existing classrooms, upgrades to aging facilities and additional technology updates. The capital funding, combined with local dollars, will allow school districts to complete projects totaling more than $1.2 billion.
The school districts that will receive funding include:
Governor Quinn also announced today that the state is making available $50 million in School Maintenance Grant Program grants. The dollar-for-dollar state matching grant program provides up to $50,000 in matching funds for the maintenance or upkeep of buildings or structures for educational purposes. The grant applications for districts will be available soon.
Before the passage of Governor Quinn's Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, Illinois had not had a major capital construction program in more than a decade. The Governor has made it a priority to invest in our schools and update our classrooms to provide Illinois students with the best quality education experience possible.###
Tags See All Tags