- Buy Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012 (en,de,fr)
- Discount - Eset Smart Security 5 (64-bit)
- 19.95$ Ashampoo Movie Shrink And Burn 3 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Showcase 2009
- Download ABest Video Converter Spirit
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - FrameMaker 10 Essential Training
- 99.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC cheap oem
|Governor Quinn Announces Third Consecutive Year of Record-Breaking Statewide Tourism Numbers|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Katie Hickey|
|Thursday, 01 May 2014 08:04|
U.S. Visitors to Illinois Rose 4.5 Percent to 103 Million in 2013
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Illinois welcomed more than 103.5 million U.S. residents to the state in 2013, the largest number of domestic visitors to Illinois ever and the third consecutive year of record-breaking numbers. The 2013 total was up 4.5 percent from the prior year, and one of the strongest growth sectors in 2013 was leisure travel, up 5.7 percent from 2012.
“For the third year in a row, Illinois has welcomed a record number of visitors, demonstrating that tourism is thriving in the Land of Lincoln,” Governor Quinn said. “The tourism industry plays a vital role in driving the Illinois economy forward by supporting local communities and providing quality jobs across the state.”
The increase in domestic visitors helped to drive the 2013 hotel-motel tax collections to more than $235 million, a 7.2 percent increase over 2012 and another record.
“The tourism industry is an integral part of the Illinois economy. These impressive visitor numbers demonstrate that Illinois has become a premier travel destination in the United States,” said Adam Pollet, director of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO), the agency that includes the Illinois Office of Tourism.
The DCEO tourism office has ramped up a momentum-building spring and summer advertising campaign that has already pushed consumer inquiries to an all-time high in 2014. The fresh, light-hearted advertising campaign features the popular “Mini Abe,” a miniature Abraham Lincoln who seeks to inspire people to discover the attractions, festivals, historical sites and adventures throughout Illinois. One Mini Abe commercial already has more than 1.7 million YouTube views.
“We are constantly developing cutting-edge and memorable ways to encourage visitors to explore Illinois,” Illinois Office of Tourism Director Jen Hoelzle said. “These record-breaking numbers prove that Illinois is top-of-mind for travelers.”
The numbers, compiled by the firm D.K. Shifflet & Associates Ltd., do not include visitors from overseas. Data for international travel is expected to be available in June.
The 2013 domestic numbers come just before National Travel and Tourism Week May 3-11, which will be marked by events celebrating the power of travel and tourism throughout Illinois and the nation.
The Illinois Office of Tourism promotes visits to Illinois domestically and internationally and helps the tourism industry grow throughout the state. The office is funded by a percentage of the state’s hotel-motel tax revenue.
Destination information, trip inspiration ideas, the 2014 Illinois Travel Guide and more can be found at enjoyillinois.com or by calling 1-800-2CONNECT.###
Tags See All Tags