- Discount - ARTS PDF Split Pro
- 59.95$ Parallels Desktop 7 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5
- Download Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (32-bit)
- 149.95$ Futuremark 3DMark Vantage Professional cheap oem
- Discount - Acronis Disk Director Suite 10
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Building Templates in Word
- Buy Camtasia Studio 8 (en)
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 (de,en,es,fr,it)
- Buy Lynda.com - Word 2013 Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (64-bit)
|Governor Quinn Announces Volunteer Fire Assistance Program Grants|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Katelyn Tye|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 12:41|
Federally-Funded Grants will Boost Public Safety Throughout Illinois by Supporting 90 Rural and Small Town Fire Departments
CHICAGO – September 30, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn today announced that 90 Illinois communities will benefit from more than $677,000 in federal grants to rural fire protection districts and fire departments. The Volunteer Fire Assistance grant program is a federally-funded program that provides matching funds to aid fire departments in the purchase of new equipment and training.
“This important program boosts public safety by helping many of Illinois’ rural and small town fire departments upgrade their equipment and training,” Governor Quinn said. “Homeowners and business owners throughout the state will benefit from this assistance to their local firefighters.”
The Volunteer Fire Assistance grant program reimburses 50 percent of the recipients’ costs for providing training and acquiring equipment to assist local firefighters. Grant recipients must make the initial financial outlay for the projects before being reimbursed. The grants announced today are supporting more than $1.3 million in local projects.
The U.S. Forest Service grant program is administered in Illinois by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR), however no state funds are involved.
“Local firefighters will be able to do a better job of protecting property and lives in their communities thanks to the federal funds being used for the new equipment and training these grants support,” IDNR Director Marc Miller said.
A list of the 90 grant recipients is attached.
Volunteer Fire Assistance Program Local Agency Grant Awards
Tags See All Tags