- Buy OEM GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 15 MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2008 MAC
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 (en)
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS3 Photographers Guide
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
- 69.95$ Sage ACT Premium 2011 (32 bit) cheap oem
- 259.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Techsmith Camtasia Studio 7
- Buy Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Fundamentals (en)
|Governor Quinn Launches Annual Holiday Card Drive for Wounded Troops|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Nafia Khan|
|Monday, 12 December 2011 09:56|
Encourages People of Illinois to Support Our Veterans and Servicemembers at Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony
CHICAGO – December 1, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by local schoolchildren to light the state of Illinois’ annual holiday tree and launch the Illinois Heroes holiday card drive. Governor Quinn encouraged schoolchildren from across the state to take part in the annual drive by making holiday cards for servicemembers at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (LRMC) in Germany. Governor Quinn will personally deliver the cards during a visit to troops at LRMC later this year.
“We want our servicemembers who are spending the holidays away from home to know how much the people of Illinois care and appreciate their courage and selflessness,” Governor Quinn said. “This holiday season is the perfect time to show our support and give thanks for our Veterans and servicemembers.”
This year will mark the seventh time that Governor Quinn has visited Illinois troops and their families at LRMC. The center is the largest American hospital outside of the United States. For more information on how to participate in the Illinois Heroes holiday card drive, please visit OperationHomefront.org.
Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs (IDVA) Director Erica Borggren and servicemembers from across the state also joined the governor at the tree lighting ceremony.
“During the holidays, it is especially important to remember those who sacrifice their all to protect us,” Director Borggren said. “As we gather with our loved ones to celebrate the holiday season, we encourage the people of Illinois to keep our servicemembers in their thoughts and prayers.”
Also in attendance were members of the Gold Star Families, who hung ornaments in memory of their sons and daughters on the tree. Choirs of students and parents from LaSalle II Magnet School performed during the tree lighting ceremony and presented cards to Landstuhl.###
Tags See All Tags